Does anyone know if the cheap "eBay" CMOS cameras lenses can be changed? I've got one with a pinhole lens on it, and the field of view is a little narrow for my liking. What lenses are they compatable with? Whats a good source to buy them from? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if the cheap "eBay" CMOS cameras lenses can be changed? I've got one with a pinhole lens on it, and the field of view is a little narrow for my liking. What lenses are they compatable with? Whats a good source to buy them from? Thanks in advance!

Bonne chance :)

It's not easy, several standards are on the market...

Edited by Vrflyer

hecko

I have bought a color CCD camera with 480 tvlines 0.5 lux from this site.

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/colour_pinhole.htm

According the site it is a Sony sensor.

The camera has a 3.7 (90 degrees) pinhole cone lens.

When I looked on the drawings that where on the site I thought it was not to dificult to replace the pinhole lens with a standard lens , so I also bought 4.3mm (78 degrees) standard lens.

Now I recieved the camera and tried to remove the pinhole lens but it doesn't come out of the bracket where it is mounted in.

Has anyone got expirience in removing the lens from the bracket?

I already removed the retaining screw and removed the complete assambley from the board to push it out. But still it is not moving maybe I'm to carefull.

Thanks,

Alex

post-5-1160936496_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahjwinth

Usually you'd unscrew the lens from the holder. From the photo, I wonder if they haven't glued all the stuff...

Like he says, it should unscrew from the "case" it's in. If they've glued it in, you may have a tough time getting it out without further damage...

I don't know of any new lenses that can be used on the 'chalk-cube' style cheapie CMOS cameras, I have a 2.1mm wideangle lens that works on my CCD cameras and also the metal casing CMOS camera I have (the kind that has a built-in stand and 6 infra-red LEDs on it, 3 each side of the lens)

They use a standard thread for the lenses, the replacement 2.1mm lens I bought will fit onto the 'chalk-cube' cameras but it won't focus because the lens is too close to the CMOS chip.

Edited by Haku

Thanks for all the reactions.

It is a CCD camera and cost me 75 pounds so I hope it a good quality not like the cmos camera's

I also wrote a email to the supplyer. He came back to me with the answer that the lens is a different size then the pinhole lens. I will check the measurment myself

What I will try if it is nescasary when the pinhole lens is not good enough, to remove the assambly and then heat up the assambley in hot water. The plastic and the lens can stand that. Most of the time the glue can not stand heat and then give it another try to unscrew the lens. To heat up glue works good with stickers and loctite so why not try it with the lens.

If there are anymore idea's they are welcome.

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by ahjwinth

Normally the pinhole lens has two little holes one to each side of the little lens, you can try introducing the scisors or something like, and try to turn it.

I dont belibe the 3.7mm Lens is going to give you a 90º HFOV because it used to be 74º as you can see in this chart.

then the 4.3 is 63º HFOV.

I think is too narrow to RC purposses.

Have Luck.

Alberto