I wish to thank you to let me pass the most beautifull week of my life. And which better way for me to do it by making a video. For this occasion, I will do better than ever.

Autumn is the most beautifull period of the year in Canada with leafs changing colors. Last Saturday was the most beautifull day of the autumn. I bring my best planes, the Easystar, and toghether we went to the niciest locations that I know in the Laurentides region, one hour north of Montreal. It was not easy, I use the best of my skills, my Easystar risk his life to bring precious clips.

Back at home, I kept only the best part of the best clips. I already used the most beautifull song of the world on another video, but I founded an even better version. The result is one of the most beautifull R/C video never made, and I give it to you to say THANK YOU.

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-12...263701224&hl=fr

This video will be sent to Americans funniest home videos in hope, with you, everything is possible.

If is not enough, I made also another video

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-43...675843833&hl=fr

Vrflyer, I absolutely love your videos! I have to wonder, though, how much better it must look without video compression ruining quality when you are watching it live on the goggles! Must be so beautiful! Your videos are inspiration for me!

:o I thought you where going to fly into that womans head !

Was it realy that close or was it the effect of the lens ?

I case your wondering its just past the half way point in the second video.

Terry

Wow, that does look like a close call!

I have to say thank YOU Dennis for the fine videos, and for inspiring the rest of us to keep working at the video thing!

Fantastic video, video editing and music editing, as always Denis.

I'm glad you're enjoying the fruits of the 11 year journey.

Thank you. :D

:o I thought you where going to fly into that womans head !

Was it realy that close or was it the effect of the lens ?

I case your wondering its just past the half way point in the second video.

Terry

The MAN... has not been affraid at all, contrary to me, look my leg just before I pass close to the guys. He was thinking to grab it, but did not do it affraid to brake the planes. He tell it was not fast. Amazing the effect of the wide lens...

This video shows shots we've done for a TV channel. In the second part (sports field), they wanted me to fly between 2 people who were about 2m apart, and if possible at 1m AGL. I did a few tries, you can see 2 of them at the end. The girl on the left wasn't very calm, even with my little 450gr zoomzoom flying at ~15km/h. I guess she was right, as I eventually hit her at one point :P

Nobody was hurt though ;)

Thats good to hear. Thats the first time I have heard of a wide angle lens changing someone sex ! :P

Nice video Kilrah, I could almost feel myself flying it.

It would be good to see some of these top videos it high quality format and not compressed.

Terry

Haha :lol:

Actually I had already considered that. As I have quite a lot of hosting space left I might upload my HQ 3Mbps DivX versions that are permanently engraved in my laptop's hard drive :P

They could go in case space becomes low...

Thats good to hear. Thats the first time I have heard of a wide angle lens changing someone sex ! :P

Nice video Kilrah, I could almost feel myself flying it.

It would be good to see some of these top videos it high quality format and not compressed.

Terry

:P:P

I was thinking yesterday to begin to sell DVD on the web, The quality on DVD is very good, far better than what you have on Google. I will need 8 to 10 good quality video like Canadian Autumn & Bromont and begin to sell them. What should be a good price to sell them?

I've made one which sells for about $15. the goal's not to make money out of it, but that covers the costs and time... We burn and print them ourselves, print the sleeve, put it in a DVD box that stupidly costs more than the blank DVD itself... :angry:

Anyway, Terry got me into it. The folder is nearly ready.

http://www.rctech.ch/HQ_FPV/

About 10 more files will come until tomorrow :)

Edited by Kilrah

I dont think you would sell many as most peolple have just been inspired to have a go themselves. But a few people like me would like to see the videos in all there glory. Maybe a handfull of people would buy off the web but you may do a little better at shows.

ps downloading morning mist now ;)

Terry

I've made one which sells for about $15. the goal's not to make money out of it, but that covers the costs and time... We burn and print them ourselves, print the sleeve, put it in a DVD box that stupidly costs more than the blank DVD itself... :angry:

Anyway, Terry got me into it. The folder is nearly ready.

http://www.rctech.ch/HQ_FPV/

About 10 more files will come until tomorrow :)

Excellent! Downloading a few choice ones now. :)

It's true we mostly end up offering them to VIPs or selling a few when at a fair, I don't even think one single piece has gone through the website :unsure:

2 more in the list :)

I was thinking yesterday to begin to sell DVD on the web, The quality on DVD is very good, far better than what you have on Google.  I will need 8 to 10 good quality video like Canadian Autumn & Bromont and begin to sell them. What should be a good price to sell them?

How are you going to get DVD quality? The archos AV500 records on a maximun of 640x480 30fps. It´ll be interesting to know your solution. :unsure:

I guess he means that it will already be much better than on Google video as they have their own compression. Of course you can't have maximum DVD quality with an Archos, but at least it won't decrease it again.

BTW, 3 more up :)

Edited by Kilrah

A KX131-sized HD camera, which would record 1080p MPEG2-formatted video directly onto a 8Gb SD card, while outputting a downconverted analog video we could feed into the standard video TX for FPV flying, now that would be a dream :D;)

Edited by Kilrah

If you had high def widescreen quality, I'd buy some of those and watch on my 60" SXRD. :DB)

Euh! :huh:

I will continue like I do it now, I forget the DVD, it will be simpler. The quality is not like DVD buy at the store. I mean only the video is encode on a DVD it's far better than Google, but less than standard DVD.

Salut Denis, c'est nous qui vous félicite! (Hi Denis, it's us that congratulates you)

Rather jealous of all the free space most of you have... kind of miss it myself.

Where I'm at now, it's all urban and parks are way too small. Can't fly in a golf course now can I? :rolleyes: Now I wait for my second *cough* EasyStar to arrive tomorrow. It sure is a great plane. Just have to watch out for the odd breeze... AND trees!

And to all the posters, you are all a wealth of valuable info. My Hat is off to you too.

Dan

Pixel, don't feel bad. I live in Southern California, and its like living in a city that's 400 miles wide. Very few large open spaces other than soccer parks or the flying club fields (which I prefer to avoid).

That's why I keep only small planes. I might go bigger once I get FPV up and running, but for now it's just parkflyers for me.

eickst, I hear ya... at least there's Google maps to help out :D

But you're correct... learn with a small plane, get proficient and most of all: have fun while you're doing it :P

Pixel, don't feel bad. I live in Southern California, and its like living in a city that's 400 miles wide. Very few large open spaces other than soccer parks or the flying club fields (which I prefer to avoid).

That's why I keep only small planes. I might go bigger once I get FPV up and running, but for now it's just parkflyers for me.

:) 99% of Canada is free space I think ...

In the same time, when I need electronic parts, I must go far ... not You

Hey Kilrah Im still downloading your videos but the transfer rate has dropped to a snails pace :(

Terry