Terry

Small UAVs

I just got my copy of Shepards Unmanned Vehicles and in the back again is the issue of small R/C type UAV regulation. It seems there will soon be regulation for this size of UAV its just a matter of the details.

There is too much for me to go into now but if you get the chance its worth a read.

Terry

regulation makes me sick. I think that in over ninety percent of the time when the government decides to regulate something like this, most of the people have not the slightest clue what they are regulating. Which results in sheer stupidity. Oh well...it was bound to happen.

There no indication so far the hobby only UAVs will be regulated. With luck it will only be the guys that make money from it that will be restricted in any way but the problem seems to be who will take responsibility for this size of UAV. Its all up in the air :D

Terry

So foamie kit "Predators" will become illegal? This may be part of the growing Big Brother tendency of keeping everything secret. They hate Paparazzi commenting with pictures about their various naughtinesses, and aerial paparazzi could be even worse!

Just how they propose to regulate things might be interesting, especially now that Spread Spectrum is coming on the market!