Ordie

Advice on a FPV Easy Star

I am looking into getting an Easy Star setup with FPV capabilities and was wondering if you folks recommend the X10 FPV set from RC Tech?

http://www.rc-tech.ch/web/index.php?page=s...emid=26〈=en

I am curious about the camera itself. The product description mentions needing a camera mount but I see no info on how the camera moves inside the RC plane. Does the camera pan and tilt out of the box or do I need some sort of mount that recieves the signals from the VR Goggles and moves the camera? I appologise for this and I know you guys are probably getting flooded with questions from people who saw VRFlyers videos. I can afford the setup but I want to make sure I don't leave any equipment out. I feel like I am going to get slammed for this but I really want to experience FPV flying. My father is an old R/C aircraft modeler and I am sure he would love to get involved to.

Thank you in advance,

Ordy

I would like to help you but I'm not sure of the question :)

The camera mount is made with two sevo-motor, one bigger for the pan and a smaller one for the tilt. The pan servo must have 180 deg. RC-Tech sell a servo doubler for that. You must make yourself the servo mount, it's not available on the market. Check on the forum, you will find photos.

So do I understand the question ? :)

There's no mount with the X10 at the moment, but I've heard that in a couple of weeks it will be added to the list :)

I would like to help you but I'm not sure of the question :)

The camera mount is made with two sevo-motor, one bigger for the pan and a smaller one for the tilt. The pan servo must have 180 deg. RC-Tech sell a servo doubler for that. You must make yourself the servo mount, it's not available on the market. Check on the forum, you will find photos.

So do I understand the question ? :)

Yes. That was my question. I was looking at the X10 system and didn't see anything about the "servo mount" :unsure: . So I could go with the X10 system but it would be a fixed camera until I get a light weight servo mount. I might wait until a servo mount is available with the X10, but if it's easy enough to assemble I might try to build it myself. Thanks for the replies.

I want to go with RC-Tech for all the FPV supplies. If you guys know of anyone else that sells here in the US I would appreciate the info. How is RC-Tech with delivery and customer service?

Thank you again,

Ordy