Sign in to follow this  
chumbx

LIPO + TX + CAM

Hey guys,

I'm getting my Airwave system together, and I'm worried about the Lipo Cells, I

wanna use a 2s1p 800mA pack for the TX and Cam. But we should have some kind of voltage watch, so we can't mess up the batteries right??

for how long would my battery hold a Airwave 612 RF Transmitter + a cam working??

Thanks,

Tony

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To fly is an option, land ain't....

Well you have 800 mAh lipo. 2S=7.4V

I expect you have a 500 mW airwave transmitter, they need 450 mA at 5V.

And your camera is a KX131?? that one is using 120 mA at 5V.

To regulate the voltage to 5V you need a volate regulator with an eff. of 80%

so you use 120mA+450mA=570mA*5V=2.85Watt.*1.8 for the loss in the regulator =5.13 watt

The lipo has a capacity from 800mAh*7.4V=5.92 watt/hour

5.92/5.13 =1.15 hours. roughly.

I would say try and error.

Use the battery 45 minutes and then see how much you need to charge it and every time go a bit longer until you need to charge it the full capacity of 800 mAh

While we're on the subject... How much power does a cheapo 1.2GHx Ebay transmitter use up? I'm wondering if I can get by with a 180mAh battery. I wouldnt need more than about a half hour of time on a charge...

While we're on the subject... How much power does a cheapo 1.2GHx Ebay transmitter use up? I'm wondering if I can get by with a 180mAh battery. I wouldnt need more than about a half hour of time on a charge...

Those cheap ebay transmitters sometimes quote the power consumption as the RF power output. So if you bought a cheapo 1.2ghz 250mW transmitter, chances are it's actual consuming 250mW of power, and outputting more like 50mW to RF.

I'm wondering if I can get by with a 180mAh battery. I wouldnt need more than about a half hour of time on a charge...

That's a bit small. If you plan on flying FPV via the goggles, it's very important that the video system does not shut down for any reason whatsoever. So IMO, you should go with a larger pack just to be on the safe side. FWIW, I'm running a 2S 480 lipo and I'm putting back in somewhere around 200-250 mAh after two to three flights. This is running a Lawmate 600mW Tx, KX-131 camera, and switching voltage regulator.

I guess you could try a 180mAh pack. But I sure wouldn't run it for more than one flight at a time until you get a good feel for how much current you're pulling out of it.

Well you have 800 mAh lipo. 2S=7.4V

I expect you have a 500 mW airwave transmitter, they need 450 mA at 5V.

And your camera is a KX131?? that one is using 120 mA at 5V.

To regulate the voltage to 5V you need a volate regulator with an eff. of 80%

so you use 120mA+450mA=570mA*5V=2.85Watt.*1.8 for the loss in the regulator =5.13 watt

The lipo has a capacity from 800mAh*7.4V=5.92 watt/hour

5.92/5.13 =1.15 hours. roughly.

I would say try and error.

Use the battery 45 minutes and then see how much you need to charge it and every time go a bit longer until you need to charge it the full capacity of 800 mAh

Thanks.... I guess that's an excelent Idea.... thanks for

all the calculations also... really helpful....

Tony

Hey Guys thanks for all the help....

I tried to calculate this, but I don't have the skills I think......

for how long would my battery hold a Airwave 612 RF Transmitter + a cam working??

Miles or Km.....

Should I fly near??? High??

Thanks again,

Tony