Sign in to follow this  
KeithLuneau

Send R/C signal from a PC?

I've been thinking, and a few ideas I've had would involve controling servos from a PC, but without wires. Would it be possible to build a device that would run off a serial or parallel port and send a signal that would emulate an r/c transmitter? Or should I say, how involved would that be, anything is possible... lol

Now don't worry, I'm not trying to fly planes from my computer, I'm not that lazy yet... :rolleyes: One idea I'd like to use it for would be a simple pan and tilt setup, mounted on my roof under a clear dome, and set up on my PC, so I could get that online and let others control it sorta like the highdollar pan/tilt network cameras. Another fun project would be to build a little tracked vehicle to inspect drainage pipes and the like, that would be operated from my laptop. I think it would make things a LOT easier if you could use industy standard servos and receivers.

I'm no programmer, not in the least. I know it would likely involve a good bit of programming for the application itself, and even more for the PICs it would take to run it. So I guess my question is to the experts that know, what would it take to accomplish something like that and would it be worth it?

Mmh, I really wonder why his thing would work with Futaba only... The PPM signal works for all brands :unsure:

Don't some transmitters have negative pulses, whereas others have positive pulses? If so, supplying the transmitter with the wrong polarity pulse at the trainer port may cause problems.