Sign in to follow this  
Probedude

Long shutter delay - Aiptek1.3Megacam with CamMan

hecko,

I've modified 2 Aiptek 1.3MP megacam cameras using the CamMan pic code. I have them configured for USB power so I am only hooking up the shutter output, V+, GND and Servo in to the PIC. I've been using the pencam hooked to CH5 output on my Hitec 555 receiver, and using the CH5 toggle switch on my Hitec Flash5x transmitter to activate the camera.

However I am experiencing almost 5 seconds of delay after toggling my switch. Pressing the button on the camera itself creates a delay of about 1 second before I hear the beep.

Is the 'Awake' pin on the PIC configured for weak pullups? Or do I need to tie it high to eliminate the wake up delay? Is the delay I am experiencing typical? It is making it hard to take photos. Anything else that might be causing me this problem?

TIA,

Dave

You must tie Pin-5 to Pin-1, per the "USB Power" Schematic (page 2 of the schematic set).

I suspected that but didn't see it explicitly called out in the web page (didn't open the schematic). Just looked at the datasheet and see that weak pullups isn't available for GP2.

Thank you!

Dave

Hi,

I too have had this 5 second shutter delay problem with my Aiptek 1.3. However, during construction I made sure that I tied pin 1 to pin 5 of the PIC. So what else could cause this problem, do you think?

Many thanks,

Martin

during construction I made sure that I tied pin 1 to pin 5 of the PIC. So what else could cause this problem, do you think?

Either Pin 5 is not electrically tied to Vcc (pin 1) or that I/O pin is defective.

Thanks Mr RC-CAM, I was mistakenly looking at my breadboard test set-up where I did indeed forget the pin 1 - 5 link. In my camera itself I have included the link, and there is only about a one second shutter delay. This isn't too bad I guess. Better than 5 seconds anyway!

Cheers,

Martin