sergio00

Z800 Googles Vs. Rimax 4.0 Xl

Well, I have two googles, and i taked a photo to the googles image. I put the camera´s lens close to googles´s crystal in both cases.

See the FOV diference between the images.

Z800 FOV 42º and Rimax 4.9 XL FOV 28 º

( similat to http://www.vrealities.com/vrealviewer.html# )

The diference os too much. Z800 screen is almost 1/3 of RIMAX 4.0 XL.

The Z800 has a great teleinmersion.

Sergio

post-8-1161533443_thumb.jpg

Edited by sergio00

hi there, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say in comparing the two, the Z800 has a larger virtual image?

Which do you prefer to use?

What do you think of the Z800 goggles?

I have some Rimax Virtual Vision 4.0 XL and am very disappointed with them, the image is clear but the actual LCD panels used are cheap crud, they have an awful viewing angle which means when you look at them through the lenses the bottom left corner is darker than the top right corner - the image almost goes inverse which is frustrating to look at, so I'm selling them.

A)the Z800 has a larger virtual image?

B)Which do you prefer to use?

C)What do you think of the Z800 goggles?

left corner is darker than the top right corner -

A) Yes, z800 is larger virtual image, almost 1/3 of rimax 4.0XL

B) I prefer z800 without doubt.

C) yes, i saw it too :(

You know that the virtual size of the screen depends of the F.O.V, field of view.

It is the angle between your eyes and the screen. As more FOV, more Big you will see the image.

To do the test, i put in my left eye the Rimax 4.0 Xl and in the other eye, i put the z800.Both conected to the TV The diference of size between the two googles was the same like my photo( in my first post) , Rimax 4.0 xl almost 1/3 of z800. Look the test, s photo.

In my opinion, in FPV, FOV is more important than resolution. We flight with the googles, not read a book.

People of this formun have more years of experience in FPV than me and can give us his opinion about it.

More FOV is more "teleinmertion" and more expensive the google will be. Googles with 105º FOV can cost 30.000 u$s. ( army, civil airlines, etc).

Z800 screen is similar to be in the half or haf foward cinema´s file. Rimax 4.0 screen is like to be in the botton.

best regards!!!

Sergio

Sorry for my bad English,, :rolleyes:

post-8-1161628021_thumb.jpg

Edited by sergio00

In my opinion, in FPV, FOV is more important than resolution. We flight with the googles, not read a book.

People of this formun have years of experience in FPV than me and can give us his opinion about it.

Exact, bigger picture is better, so bigger f.o.v. is important. This is the problem of these goggle, picture is too small. Myne too, I treid the I-glasses high resolution and the picture appeared smaller than mine, it's make a hugh difference. I would like to change the lens in my goggle to have a bigger picture, even if I begin to see the pixel, because when image moving I will forget these pixel.

You Easystar work very well, better then mine, perhaps I'm begining to be old :(

You use 1200mah 3S battery for propulsion and cary a second battery. I use 2100mah 2S, have only one batt and stay in the air around 12 min...

I fly at full power oftenly. Are you keeping the power at minimal all the flight to acheive that longivity ?

I would like to change the lens in my goggle to have a bigger picture, even if I begin to see the pixel, because when image moving I will forget these pixel.

I use 2100mah 2S, have only one batt and stay in the air around 12 min...

I fly at full power oftenly. Are you keeping the power at minimal all the flight to acheive that longivity ?

I advice you a google with 40º or more.

With 40º you "feel" the air under your airplane, is great.

I put the trotle at the minimal. The weight of my Easystar change from 932 aprox to 950 gr ( depens of the battery) . I know that is a lot, but the Easystar flight very well.

I flight offen with the trlotle minimal the most of the time. With the engine in off, it flight very well too, like a bird.

I like slow flight, so more autonomy ( 20 min) ,,,, you like Acrobatic :lol:

I programed the r/c radio with a timer in 20. A sound warn myself 1 minute before.

I can reduce the weight removing the RCA conectors ( i thin that have 5 ;) and replace the pant & tilt servos ( futaba 30001 ) for another more smaller. I am afraid of to put smaller servos, i dont know if in eventual crash the mini servos would survive. ( camera = 89gr ).

I lisen that the easy star flight better with a weight around 930 gr.

Denis: Is increible like you pilot in FPV, the slalom video is amasing. So low,,your wing´s mod and ailerons would be the anwser and the pilot too of course.¡ :lol:

When i have more flight´hours in FPV i will flight with 0º angle´s ( without autostable) wings and ailerons.

Your are our inspiration Denis,, your Easy is Young yet!!!

sergio00, thanks for the extra information, the Z800 look ideal but only accepting a PC input signal means extra hardware to convert composite to VGA, not entirely practical in the field which is why for the moment I'm still sticking to my iTheater glasses because they're so small & run off 2x AAs.

I am curious to know, do the Z800 have the same problem as my iTheater and the Virtual Vision 4.0 XL in that the bottom left corner is dark and the opposite corner is light?

My Olympus EyeTrek FMD200's don't have that problem, I don't know if it's because they use decent optics or if the newer miniature LCD panels on the market have a low viewing angle than ones in early units like the EyeTreks.

The Z800 is a very good google. This topis is not for to do z800 marketing. I did this topic to show how the diferents FOV has diferets teleinmertion. In this case 28º Vs. 40 º FOV.

The z800 hasnt any dark corner. The image is very clean and with hi bright.

Yes, you need in the filed an image interface to transform the compose video to SVGA 800 x 600 60Mz. The interface ocst is 70 u$ aprox. :(

I put al the devices in a case. A little heavy ;)

This this the interface: AVT-3300

http://www.avtoolbox.com/upconpage.shtml

work with 5 V.

avt-3300-iso.jpg

Edited by sergio00

No, In the Z800 you need a black rag to cover your head.

In RIMAX In spite of having tap of rubber you will need the black rag too. The black rubber that cover your eyes ( in rimax, see the photo) is not enough to sopt the sun bright.

Both googles have excelent bright, but you will need cover your head.

Best Regards

Sergio

sergio00,

Are you actually using the AVT-3300? Just wondering if it was compatible. I am using the AVT-3340.

Edited by EnduranceRC

I actually have a device that looks identical to the AVT-3300, grey not green coloured and rebadged by Logic3 as a "Super VGA Box" they're only about £20 on eBay, tried it on my Sony Glasstron PLM-S700 and it allowed me to get the video input image to fill the screen (PLM-S700 owners know what I mean) but for those glasses it's a bit of a combersome solution just to get the video to fill the full 800x600 res.

sergio00,

Are you actually using the AVT-3300? Just wondering if it was compatible. I am using the AVT-3340.

Yes, I use it with my z800

The 3300 is cheapear than the 3340.

The Diference is that the 3300 hasnt volume control ( not important), color control ( not important ), contrast control ( not important). So for FPV the 3300 is Ok. To see a movie the 3340 is better.

Haku: Put the Ebay link. The video converter for the Z800 must be "800x600 and 60Hz" dont forget the 60Hz ( very important ).

I only found in ebay the "SUPER VGA BOX" but it has "50Hz mode resolution:720X576, 60Hz mode resolution:720X480"

720x480 dont work with z800

Wich is your ebay link??

Edited by sergio00

The 720x576 & 720x480 numbers I assume refers to the PAL & NTSC input resolutions not the output, which is stated as "Video output: VGA." so that one's maybe not compatable with the Z800?

There appears to be a distinct lack of video-to-VGA boxes on eBay at the moment, this one should work but it's rather big and I don't know what power input it needs: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=290059277263

I was wanting to order some Z800s, but it seems the site is down, and has been for some time (Google's cache taken 5 days ago already shows a 404 error page...)

Has someone followed what they've been up to lately?

I was wanting to order some Z800s, but it seems the site is down, and has been for some time (Google's cache taken 5 days ago already shows a 404 error page...)

Has someone followed what they've been up to lately?

You could get them from here:

http://www.cwonline.com/store/store.asp

I think Sergio00 bought them from there, he could confirm it.

Oh nice! Is the price the same as on the manufacturer's website? I don't recall what it was, but I think that was close.

I think Sergio00 bought them from there, he could confirm it.

Yes, is the same place. Very serius atention. 15 days to Spain.

They are canadian. All 10 Pts.

The last months appeared new SVGA converter ( 800x600 60hz) with good price:

This one was z800 tested on the field and work OK! :"AVerDVR TV2VGA "

http://www.avermedia.es/nvd/acc_tv2vga.asp

Another one very cheap without test but must work: "Magic VGA Box de MyFLASH" from CHINA

http://www.mayflash.com/vgabox/pc030/pc030-1.htm

store: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ei-49-...-en-70-4s4.html

Edited by sergio00