Hi all,

After watching VrFlyer videos I know I have to learn flying FPV. I know Dennis setup is not simple and I´m not thinking about gyro sensor or even goggles, at least by the moment. With a tx, rx and camera I´ll have much to practice :)

I´m trying to decide what system to buy, and prefer buying a complete system.

Theese are the systems I´m thinking about.

200mw Future Hobbies

600mw Future Hobbies.

500mw Range Video

I´m copletely new to this (fpv, I fly rc for 12 years), so any comment or experience with any system or camera will be welcome :D . I don´t know what should I look at to compare systems, and with the cameras it´s even worst :(

Edit: After reading again the post, it seems like I don´t know what´s 200 or 500mw, and it´s not completely true. I know 500 is more powerful (more range) but more prone to rc glitches. With the cameras I look at TV lines and luxes (min light), but I don´t know anything about what brand is better or usually gives less problems, and with the cameras I think there must be anything I´m missing, because I see very very different prices (x4) for similar (for me) cameras...

Thanks all

Andres

PS: sorry for my english

Edited by Andres

Sorry, I think most of us here make up our own systems.

I would not buy any of the systems from the links you gave. As has already been said recently, a 200mW TX and an 8db patch for receiving is the best way to start.

Terry

Thanks Terry

But why you wouldn´t buy the 200mw system and then, if I need it (from what I´ve read and like you say, I will need it) I can buy a patch?

That way I make sure the system will work (my electronic knowledge is VERY limited), and I think the price is good with that camera...

Yes you could do that, it seems a good set. For me though the camera is a bit large, it may be ok for you. Not sure about the price as I only know GBP.

Terry

The 500mW from range video look to be well made and the price is good. The cam have a metal casing. The cam they sold is the one we recommend.

You don't need gyro for starting, you can glue the cam on one servo and plug in the rudder channel of many planes.

Yes very nice camera, just bare in mind possible loss of range with 0.5W and the highish power needs of over 0.5A. You may well not have any problems as some people dont, if you buy it then please report back ( I hate threads that are left unresolved ). :)

Terry

Thanks, I´m asking for shipping costs.

Would you get any additional lense?

The stock is 3,6mm and they sell 2,1/2,97/12mm lenses.

I´ll probably use a servo to move it with the rudder :)

Andres

I just mean some people suffer a reduction in R/C range when using this much power close to the R/C receiver.

Terry

Yeah, with that much power you definitely need to keep the video TX as far away as possible from the airplane reciever. I have my 450mw system on one end of my Slow Stick and the reciever on the other and have no range issues, so it can be done. Provided you have a good reciever, that is. I have a hitec Supreme 7 channel, and I love this thing! Solid control, never a hit that I've noticed. I gotta get a glitch counter and see for real what kind of glitching I'm getting, if any....

Ok, you´ve persuaded me, I´m going to buy a 200mw system :D and I´ll save some weight of the tx and the battery that will need, wich always is welcome.

But Range Video does not sell any 200mw tx...

I have two options, but if anyone knows something better (european would be great to avoid customs) please post it.

1- Future Hobbies (the link of my first post)

2-Black Widow

Where would you buy it?

What´s better?

Thanks all, your help is greatly appreciated.

Andres

I´ve e-mailed Range Video and they are going to have 100mw tx mid-late november, but no 200mw tx...

I´m going to order the tx and rx from Black Widow and the kx 131 from Range. I don´t mind paying two shipping costs because I´m going to order two systems (the second for a friend) and this way the packages will be cheaper and will be easier to avoid customs.

I´ll post some video

Many thanks all :D

Andres

You might want to e-mail Bill at BlackWidow first just to see if you get a reply. I heard about some people on rcgroups.com recently having problems contacting him.

I bought my equipment from him, and have had good support. But if he can't be contacted now, I'd think twice about ordering from him. Most of these guys have normal day jobs, and do this stuff on the side. So it's possible other things got in the way, and he will be back in contact with everyone.

Edited by twinturbostang

I did it yesterday, no reply yet...

But the e-mail was williamhstrong@#### <_<

Edited by Andres

hehehehehehhe, I´ve got it!!! :D:D:D

Yesterday arrived the cameras from Range Video, and now have just arrived the tx and rx from BW :lol: 8-9 days to Spain.

I´m so excited I don´t know what am I going to do if doesn´t stop raining!! :angry:

Andres

Yes, I am.

Now I´m a new FPV flyer :D:D

When I have time to do it, I´ll post my initial impresions in the fpv forum.

Once more, thank all to help me with the decision :D

Andres

fpv26112006150329so6.jpg

I actually cannot get the 500mW solution that Vrflyer recommended from Range Video.

Is there another similar model available somewhere else onlin?

thanks for the help.

Fadi