chumbx

INNOVATEK V-490 i Glasses

I've seen some cheap 2D HMDs for sale at: http://www.mp3playerstore.com/

They go for $180 (innovatek v190) and $250 (innovatek v490). You can see the specs at the website. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these glasses and if they are any good. For the specs on the site, they sound decent enough to watch a movie or play a game (optional PS2 connector). If anyone has used these or seen a review, please post.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

The 800x226, 180k pixel resolution is marketing hype because the 800 number and pixel count includes each individual red, green & blue LCD element making the 'true' resolution 266x226, not even a quarter the resolution of a standard TV.

Really though you'd want a minimum resolution of 320x240 (advertised as 230k pixels because again they count the R+G+B elements) for film watching, with 640x480 (922k pixels) or 800x600 (1.5m pixels) being the better choice for watching films/games etc. because you can get distracted by seeing the actual pixels on the lower resolution glasses by seeing the limitation of detail they provide.

However I use my Olympus Eye Trek FMD200's (266x226 180k pixels) and iTheater (320x240 230k pixels) for remote viewing the camera on my RC car just fine, because you get absorbed in what you're seeing through the camera you forget about the low resolution.

Cool... thanks Haku, for the heads up....

I just bought a set... but I'm in Brazil.. so It will get a long time to arrive...

as soon as It gets here I'll make a review and post...

bye,

Tony

Ok my Innovateck finally arrived. It came with more than enough plugs and adapters, a Litho battery for hours of portable usage. The 36" feel is sufficient for the low price!

I personally were glasses and it covers my eyes just fine under daylight, and the picture is slightly darker than the Sony I tried in SONY TOWER-JAPAN.

I haven't taken it out on any flights as of yet, but did try it out on my RC truck around the house... again it's fine!

post-8-1164092749_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of how it looks.

Note: It wasn't easy focusing my camera into the small opening but it's the best I could acheive for this demo piece.

John

post-8-1164093604_thumb.jpg