sheesh-kebab

which JST connector for KX131 camera?

Hi -

anyone know which JST part numbers correspond to the wire connector on the KX131 camera? wires on the connector that came with my KX131 rippped and I'm now trying to replace them (but the connector is so darn small that soldering is a problem).

I looked on jst.com and digikey.com and the closest I found is the 1.0mm pitch disconnectable models:

http://www.jst-mfg.com/ProductGuideE/pdf_e/eSH.pdf

or maybe this one

http://www.jst-mfg.com/ProductGuideE/pdf_e/eSR.pdf

digikey seems to sell this stuff, but I don't seem to be able to find anywhere the wires that are already crimped with the SH connectors...

if anyone already faced a problem of rebuilding the ripped kx131 wire connector, I'd appreciate hints.

thanks,

Tim

I'd personally remove the male connector and solder directly on the board...

I have a cased Kx131 and just removing the male connector from the wire won't do it - I'd have to remove the female connector from the board and solder wires in its place. I would have done this long time ago - but the connections on the board are so tiny that it's quite possible that I'll screw stuff up while manually unsoldering/soldering...

yesterday I ordered those jst parts from digikey.com... I'll keep you posted about results.

I'd have to remove the female connector from the board and solder wires in its place.

That's actually what I meant. But yes, it' it's too small for your skills it's better trying to find a replacement.

update - that JST connector that I specified above turned out to be too small - a 1.5mm version would have probably worked better.

Anyway, I solved the problem by 'shaving' off the the borders of the female connector on the board and soldering the wires to the left-over connector pins. I put some heat shrinking tubes over the soldered stuff. it worked and so the problem is solved.