what airplane would make a good platform for long distance wireless transmit over 1 mile?im new to thid andive been mounting a cheap hong kong system to a gas trainer...(my first ever plane lol) and im not sure if i should go into electrics

Its amazing to see people who never fly a planes, thinking they can put a cheap camera onboard a planes and fly one miles away. Do you have an idea what can do a planes when it become out of control, exemple the planes will fall on the highway, but anyway you probably don`t care because you will not put your name on it you are intelligent. Forget that you will not find help here.

wow wow guy u need to chill out i just lost all respect for you man.... it was only a queston... in no way shape or form did i say i was gonna take a cheap camera and go fly it on the busiest highway in the U.S. a mile away.... all i asked is which plane would make the best platform for wireless video.... i live in the city and i drive 45 miles just so i can go to a field thats vacant away from any people. so before u open your mouth and try to belittle me with your tech talk i suggest you find out what it is that poeple are talking about.... the only reason why i said (1 mile away) is that i plan to keep learning about this hobby and hopefully get to the level that many of the people in this site are,so i wanted to get a plane that i can set as a platform to learn and advance my equipment .. and by the way nobody taught me how to fly the plane or anything because of people like you its that people like me have to take it upon ourselves and learn to fly alone and by the way i havent crashed.(thanks to aeroflight deluxe). thanks for nothing ...by the way i think i know a thing or two about responsibility guy since i went to school to become a pilot and im still taking lessons on cessnas 172 thank you goodbye

I think Vrflyer is feeling the stress of answering endless ' how can I fly my r/c plane like a flight sim type of questions since his video's when big.

The answer to your question is that its up to you to decide depending on what you need from it. The best way is to look at the aircraft others are using and read their posts to give you an idea if it will suit you.

Terry

Ya that was a little uncalled for but try to look at it from VR's perspective.

Moving on, I've spent my time looking for a platform and was about to go electric with the TwinStar II but I've found a sweet speed plane I'm going to put a camera system on. It’s pretty much the bobcat but better. Check out this forum for it. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4588489/...e_7/key_/tm.htm

All the equipment will be a tight squeeze but it will be worth it once I mount my model rockets to shoot off it like my sig fazer now.

hehe can anyone say dogfight!

yeah thank you terry and coolitdown those were two simple and helpful answers which was what i needed... since im in the process of upgrading my electronics i wanted to invest in a platform that will suit me for the long run something that i can try different things on. maybe one day in the future do some fpv with it it thats ok with vrflyer's majesty of course. the problem was that wt my easy fly 40 i was getting alot of vibration and i didnt know if electric was the remedy but for some reason i like glow planes and wanted to see if there was something big enough to carry more stuff and that is stable enough for wireless video .

Just keep in mind the VRFLYER is basically one of the Big Wigs around here and he knows what he's talking about. From your post I read almost exactly what he read. Also keep in mind that your post was very poorly worded and not everyone on here is speaking English as a first language.

Now that you know that people aren't really excited to tell people how to do things that are potentially dangerous, it helps immensely that you described where your flying field is. VRFLYER has some very good warnings in his message; aircraft that lose connection can kill people and damage property. This type of flying is NOT covered under the AMA insurance.

Your question about gas... The best thing about gas is, you have a fresh set of batteries setting next to you at all times, and nearly unlimited power. Worst thing? Vibration.... You'll be hard pressed to get the vibration issues taken care of, especially with a two-stroke. The f-f-f-four strokes are better. Gas fumes are also a problem... Even if the motor is mounted in a push configuration, nasty gas exhaust can still wreck havoc on cameras.

I believe eventually everyone will be flying electric lipolys in the next few years. The simplicity is just SO MUCH of an advantage over gobs of power.

Good platform? VRFLYER has been flying an Easystar and so have a lot of others. For me, that platform is a little too small, as wind can really throw those puppies around (I live in a windy area, so its hard to find calm days that seem to be everywhere for everyone else).

I hope I talked enough in circles to throughly confuse you ;-)

J. R.

Yeah gnzkrew, don't take VRFLYER's message in a bad way since he does have good intensions.... and perhaps he is stressed out with his GENEROSS help he has provided to all of us over time. I'm a newbie as well but I do respect VRFLYERS's advice because of his knowlegde/wisdom. Again don't get discourged ok... just explain more in details like what skola28 said.

This place is TRUELY a fun place to hang out!!!! You got your answer I hope from the above, and I think you will always get help here as have I.

Sorry if I was a aggressive...

I fly with glow planes for five years, I like them too, but electric are better for our hobby. On glow engine planes, the best is to mount the cam solidly to the airframe or under the wing like me, no vibation mount, tightly mount, the cam will follow the vibration. Four stroke have a lot of vibration, much more than two stroke. If you intend to mount the cam on servo, you will need a special servo mount that hold the cam firmly but let it turn freely, it's hard to make.

http://pages.videotron.com/vrflyer/angavion.html

yeahi guess it is my fault too that i didnt explain myself very well.i've been readin post for the past like 3 months on here .i think about what all u guys have accomplished before i even posted anything.i got the same problem....vibration was disturbing the signal .... i want to get a plane that can handle the weight and that is big enough so it can be stable.which plane would best suit that? electric of course :D.

yeahi guess it is my fault too that i didnt explain myself very well.i've been readin post for the past like 3 months on here .i think about what all u guys have accomplished before i even posted anything.i got the same problem....vibration was disturbing the signal .... i want to get a plane that can handle the weight and that is big enough so it can be stable.which plane would best suit that? electric of course

qnzkrew-

If you're looking to have the most range, you may want to look into a glider platform. With relatively low power requirements, you could get a lot of 'lifting capability' and endurance from a glider with a beefed up power supply. The gliders here in the States are usually thought of as sub-par as opposed to those made in eastern Europe and the like.

I guess it depends on how high you want to fly. If you don't mind losing maneuverability and speed, I think a glider would indeed be a good start.

If you're looking for ground hugging distance and the ability to maneuver better, a glider would be a bad idea I guess.

VRFLYER-

In my experience with four-strokes they seemed to run much more smoothly than the 2-strokes that I fly today. This could be an issue with my 2-stroke engines though, in that I haven't tuned them correctly or something.

A year or so ago as my senior design project, we created a FPV R/C aircraft. It was gas powered (OS Engines .65FX) We mounted the engine in a push configuration and mounted the camera inside the nose (behind glass) about 2 ft from the engine mount. With this distance the vibration was damped out enough to not be a problem.

J. R.