radarman643

Customized snowball bomber

Hey I need help people. I want to customize a r/c plane to drop snowballs during a huge snowball fight at my house. It would also be a good senoior prank. But I can't figure out how to make a door or something that i could open by remote to drop these balls and I don't know if any planes are strong enough. Can someone please help? I would be greatly appreaciative if you would.

And remeber what goes around comes aroud ;-)

radarman643

PS: If you are looking at this and can't reply, please email me at radarman644[AT]hotmail.com to give me some ideas.

thanks

I'd use a simple servo to hold the door closed. Turning it would release it.

It sounds like fun but I think its more trouble than its worth. A plane big enough to carry snowballs needs to be large and trying to bomb with it would not be very safe. Its also against the rules here I think, not sure about where you are.

On the practical side 1 snowball carried on the C of G would work but 1 drop per flight would get boring.

How many do you want to drop and how heavy are they ?

Terry

It doesn't matter much to me whether its safe or not. And I'm pretty sure its legal here. I just want to know if its possible, if it is how to do it, and what kind of plane should i use.

I have been looking at the B-29 Superfortress because i was told the bigger and more powerful a plane is, the more it can hold.

Pleas let me know if this plane would work and how to do it or please tell me a plane that would be strong enough. These aren't huge snowballs adn i would only drop about 5 at once.

What is rc group?

And whats a servo thing?

Thanks for your replys already and I hope I get some more

radarman

By your last questions Im guessing you dont know how to fly an r/c plane so that should be your first job. I surgest you join your local club and they can give you the help you need. Also we do camera stuff here, bombers are not our thing, try http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php?t...?topic=air-elec

Terry

Yeah I know you do camera stuff. And i don't know about any local clubs that I would be able to join. We're kind of out in the boonies here. Ummm since you mentioned something about a camera, I was just wondering how I could get a mini camera mounted onto the belly of any plane that runs continuasly and has a live feed to a mini monitor. Is it possible without going over 100 dollars? I know this isn't the right spot to mention this but i was just wonderin and all

radarman

I live in the UK so I don't realy know what is availible in your country at cheap prices. I guess ebay would be the cheap place to look but you get what you pay for.

$100 sounds way too cheap to me though, what is your budget for the whole thing ?

I surgest you read some of the info on this site as there has been lots posted on this subject, try the search feature.

Terry

Browser double posted.

Terry

Edited by Terry

Yeah I know you do camera stuff. And i don't know about any local clubs that I would be able to join. We're kind of out in the boonies here. Ummm since you mentioned something about a camera, I was just wondering how I could get a mini camera mounted onto the belly of any plane that runs continuasly and has a live feed to a mini monitor. Is it possible without going over 100 dollars? I know this isn't the right spot to mention this but i was just wonderin and all

radarman

If you're looking to stay under $100 for the entire project, you are in serious trouble. Unfortunately the planes themselves and the radio required to fly them will generally run you much more than that; and thats without the video capability. You can get a cheap video system off ebay for about $60, but the cameras aren't very good (Video transmitter and video receiver are ok though).

That leaves you about $40 to find a suitable camera...

This is assuming you've already aquired a free aircraft to put all this stuff on.

J. R.

Okay about the $100 dollar thing, that's negotiable. Just wanted to see if it was possible. And I'm not worriedabout the cost of the plane. I just want to know a ball park estamite of a video camera and reciever system price.

And don't worry about my experiance or anything. I just want to know if it is feasible and how much it costs and how to do it. Please let me know if you can.

radarman

Just wanted to see if it was possible

Yes for sure.

I just want to know if it is feasible and how much it costs and how to do it

The help you will get here will help you make up your own mind on how best to do it, what nobody will do is give you a step by step guide. We all have our own stuff to do and we help each other will small bits of it and bounce ideas around, that what this forum dose. If you want opinions on a specific question then please post it. If you have read the posts on this forum and the RC Groups forum we gave you the link to then you will find most of your answers yourself.

Terry