Sign in to follow this  
skrag

Settings for EPIC Programmer

I got my EPIC Programmer today and have the chips and supplies needed to build the RC-Cam Aiptek project. After reading the instructions for the EPIC programmer and the instructions for the RC-Cam Hex file insertion, some of the terms confuse me a little.

The RC-Cam instructions indicate to set the Ocillator to INTRC which is one of the options in the EPIC so I chose that.

WDT (Watch Dog Timer) is supposed to be set to Disable and I chose that.

On MCLR Pin Function I only have Reset and Input Pin not Disable. Which do I choose?

And on Code Protect, I only have Off and All so I am assuming I choose All?

The instruction for RC-Cam indicate these are optional settings, but it seems like I should set them appropriately, or does it mean that they are just programmer settings that MUST be made. I am a little confused by that.

I am ready to program the chip but would like some verification of my settings before I proceed. As always, all help is appreciated.

On MCLR Pin Function I only have Reset and Input Pin not Disable. Which do I choose?

I'm guessing that "Input Pin not Disable" means that MCLR is disabled, which is what you want. But, the syntax is definitely confusing, so this is just my best guess.

And on Code Protect, I only have Off and All so I am assuming I choose All?

I would choose "ALL"

I'm guessing that "Input Pin not Disable" means that MCLR is disabled, which is what you want. But, the syntax is definitely confusing, so this is just my best guess.

I think it was my syntax that was confusing. What I meant so state was that the Programmer options for MCLR are either Input Pin or Reset. I do not have a Disable function or an Enable function. I am still unclear about what Reset or Input Pin will do, but I am leaning toward the Input Pin option as being the one that won't be active (disabled). I'll take your best guess on whether Input Pin or Reset is = to Disable! ;-)

Thanks for the reply.

I meant so state was that the Programmer options for MCLR are either Input Pin or Reset.

You want to set it to "Input Pin."

WoooHooo IT WORKS! Thanks for all the input RC-CAM. The little Aiptek camera I have isn't much with regard to lux quality, etc., but I was just intrigued by the concept of a "non servo" electrical way to get the camera to work. This was really just a total test of my willingness to try to follow this process through, learn a little about the programmer and just learn a little about the process in general.

I thank you for the WONDERFUL instructions. What I hope to do at some point is take a cheap Kodak Easyshare camera I have that the LCD stopped working on but still takes nice pictures and modify it with your instructions to see if I can get it to perform much like the Aiptek camera. I would just like to remove the stuff on it I don't need like the LCD screen, etc., and make it a fly cam only.

I have been flying for a couple of years now with the little wireless video cam's you have mentioned in other project posts, and that is fun too, but I can get MUCH better picture quality this way with the right camera setup. Thanks again for putting those projects out there for the enthusiast to use. I plan for my next project to be to build the Air Combat version since I bought a couple of the Parkzone Air Combat modules a couple of years ago but have only now gotten to the part of getting the chips programmed and ready to install in them. I wanted the camera project to be my test run to see if I could do this, and with today's success, I am PUMPED! I can't wait to tackle the air combat modules now.

THANK YOU again! Now it is off to have fun with my new toy! :rolleyes: