Sign in to follow this  
flyfish77

Antenna coil

I was attempting to mod my son's 27 MHz XPV foam plane and I broke one of the wires on the antenna coil.

PB260697.jpg

It has 5 legs and had two wires. Does anyone know where I can either purchase a new one or how many turns with what gauge wire to rewind it? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Edited by flyfish77

Is this on the receiver or the transmitter ?

How many legs have coil wires connected ?

If all else fails unwind the coil and note which windings are connected to which pins and how many turns of what gauge wire.

Terry

Edited by Terry

This is the coil on the receiver and it had wires attached to 4 of the 5 legs, so two wires. When I was trying to mod the plane I broke several strands of the coil and was unable to determine which coil was going which way, I tried to unwind the coils and count, and found roughly 13-14 total turns of wire and attempted to rewind with 7 turns each wire but I wasn't sure whether I had to turn one way with one wire and the opposite with the other. Any advice on this would be great.

What type of receiver is it, dose it use a crystal ?

Any chance of a close up picture of the receiver ?

Terry

The low cost department store foamies use a low parts count super-regen receiver. The coil you show is very critical. It would be a miracle to second guess how it was wound. I think you'll need to dismantle a working model to determine the coil details.

I appreciate your honesty concerning rewinding the coil, but just for fun here are some pics of the back and front of the receiver. My son is pretty upset about this whole thing so I would love to be able to fix it without forking out the $ to get a new one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/flyf...77/PB280709.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/flyf.../PB280712-1.jpg

Thanks for all your input.

yep Mr RC was right as usual its a super regen. Its hard to see the tracks in the pics but if I were you I would just have a stab in the dark using what you know already. If you get it a bit wrong it may still be possable to tune it with the core if it has one ?

If so you can have a play and see if you can get it on frequency. If you can get access to some test gear you will have a much better chance of success.

Terry

Edited by Terry