Elena P.

My first flight with camera onboard

Sure that must cause some wear of the solder joints with time. In my case however the first crash happened when the receiver was nearly new (a couple of flights only). After the crash we sent the receiver to Futaba service for a check. No need to detail the following events, I think the second crash even was the first flight after the check... :unsure:

Do not know. It was my first plane, full of epoxy glue everywhere. May be camera+tx+servo+bec became too much for it. Can somebody recommend me a foam plane big enough to carry all that stuff?

Hello Elena,

After I watched your video once, I thought you had interference problem, but I after I watch the video a few more times I can see the problem was not caused by the video transmitter, but the wing support.

At 043 seconds of video you can see your airplane's windshield being captured by video camera, I didn't see a tilt function for your camera, if you watch carefully you be able to see the nose going downwards while the wing that supports the camera stays on level for fractions of a second,

So, I am trying to help your not to worry about your video transmitter, although it's strongly recommend install it as far as possible from the airplane's receiver.

By the way if we had seven people here that have an easystar, now they are eigth, I just ordered mine.

Easystar is well recommended for FPV flight, good wing spam, wing tips upwards giving a smooth and stable flight.

I was told if you wrap your rx with tin foil with the shiny part facing into the rx, it may help shield any foreign interferance. Another trick is to also put several loops on your rx antenna wire. Has anybody heard or tried this?

Edited by JMS

I was told if you wrap your rx with tin foil with the shiny part facing into the rx, it may help shield any foreign interferance.

YES, but dosent matter which way round the foil is.

Another trick is to also put several loops on your rx antenna wire. Has anybody heard or tried this?

This may or may not help but you will loose range so I would not do it.

Terry

Ok, second plane and second flight with camera - no problem at all! Was airborne about 20 min, flying around, circles, everything, and came home with e-starter in one piece.

Did not use googles, just record everything on notebook to watch later. Was surprised how fast it looks on the screen, it is so slow from the ground.

This time I put my camera under the left wing (no pan) and Tx under right, about 10 inches from rx. No interference.

Next windless time will try with googles.

Thanks everybody!