Does anyone ever tried the 5.8Ghz system?

Should be away better, and Clean.

Which one is better system 1.2Ghz or 2.4Ghz ?

I'll appreciate some more information.

I never seen 5.8 Ghz tr/rx. 2.4ghz & 1.2 ghz have the same quality, 1.2Ghz is not allow in many country for public use.

Keep in mind that as the microwave RF freq increases, expect less range per mW and more multipathing.

Frankly, a modern 900Mhz system would probably be ideal. But, none of the mfg's are working on improving the 900 Mhz designs because the user base has drifted to higher frequencies due to all the marketing hype behind the higher freqs.

From what I have seen, the 900Mhz and 2400Mhz wireless systems that many of us use have plenty of video bandwidth for our CCD cameras. Until digital Hi-Def comes along for us, I don't think there is much that we can do to radically improve things.

Comment allez-vous Mr. Gratton ?

By the way, don't speak french, just few words.

Anyways, I saw your videos on youtube, and you made me dream about flying.

Now, I just got crazy about it, reading a lot, just collecting more informations, and of course trying to find the best set up and price that I can afford.

My wife said "Oh my God there comes another project"!!!

I told her it was your fault, you inspired me !!! :-)

Anyways here is the link for the 5.8ghz 1watt system.

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=APW1000

Merci beaucoup, a tout à l'heure.

Hello Mr.RC-Cam,

Thanks for the Information.

Do you know if 1.2Ghz has a legal use in US?

Do I have to have license in order to use 2.4Ghz 500Mw trasmitter?

Best Regards !!!

Edited by wilson

Do you know if 1.2Ghz has a legal use in US?

In the USA, 1.240Ghz to 1.300Ghz band is available for legal use by licensed amateur radio users. The typical eBay/HongKong system operates outside the allowed range (most are around 1.16Ghz but are labeled as "1.2Ghz).

Do I have to have license in order to use 2.4Ghz 500Mw transmitter?

In the USA (and most other countries) you will need a amateur radio license to operate it legally. This is also true for *ANY* wireless video system, using any freq, that does not have a valid FCC Part-15 reg label on it.

The arrl.org web site has all the details to ham licensing and the FCC Part 97 regs.

Ok,

So, if the transmitter has a valid FCC Part-15 reg label on it, I will not need a CB License right?

Do you know where can I find any good tramitter that has have a valid FCC Part-15 reg label on it ?

Thank you one more time.

So, if the transmitter has a valid FCC Part-15 reg label on it, I will not need a CB License right?

FWIW, CB licenses went away years ago. You will need tech class amateur radio (ham) license. If your application is for non-hobby use then you will need a commercial Part 90 license.

Do you know where can I find any good transmitter that has have a valid FCC Part-15 reg label on it ?

I have yet to see one that works well in our R/C application. They have less than 1mW of RF power and are best used in fixed line-of-sight applications. There are some new digital spread spectrum video systems that offer up to 1W of RF power and are FCC Part-15 approved, but they sell for several thousand dollars. In a couple years I suspect they will be more affordable.

Merci Mr. Wilson, your French is very good :)

Bonne chance dans votre nouveau projet.

Merci, Monsieur Gratton !!!

Actually my native language is Portuguese.

A bientôt

Edited by wilson

"There are some new digital spread spectrum video systems that offer up to 1W of RF power and are FCC Part-15 approved, but they sell for several thousand dollars"

Well let's see how hard is to get an amateur license.

:(

Regards

Edited by wilson

In Canada it was very easy. It will be the same for you I think. Let us know if it was difficult to obtain