Sign in to follow this  
Vrflyer

XtremLink opinion request

Mr.RC-cam, can you tell me your opinion about the xtremlink radio, it look to good to be true. Do you think we can use it with 2.4 Ghz video tx onboard the planes ?

I'm just as curious (and suspicious of the hype) as the next fellow. My plan is to wait for all the bugs to be found by the early adopters before I even consider it.

It is hard to say if it will be immune to 2.4Ghz Video gear. I suspect that some 2.4Ghz video Tx's may cause it to have reduced R/C range. But we won't know until it gets some air time with many different video installations.

I'm just as curious (and suspicious of the hype) as the next fellow. My plan is to wait for all the bugs to be found by the early adopters before I even consider it.

It is hard to say if it will be immune to 2.4Ghz Video gear. I suspect that some 2.4Ghz video Tx's may cause it to have reduced R/C range. But we won't know until it gets some air time with many different video installations.

Xtremelink has purchased a one watt 2.4ghz transmitter from me about a month ago. I also hope to hear their results soon

Edited by reznikvova

Sounds good! This system really interests me, if it really behaves as advertised I'll be VERY happy.

If the prices I had seen some time ago are staying, I'll be even more and will get one without hesitation to test it ASAP as well :D

If the RX can stand the proximity of the video TX that will be a point, but there will be the other one of the R/C TX being close to the video receiver, I expect white lines as it is the case with WiFi.

But maybe if they take our activity in mind they could act in order to minimize that. I've set my wireless access point on the far end channel, if I run a camera on CH3 I'll lose connection, on CH3 I'll get while lines on the video, but on CH1 and CH2 both work fine in the same room. If there could be a way to limit the used spectrum to a range that won't go too close to the video frequency that could work well.

Edited by Kilrah

yes me too I would like to have this system, it have many advantage.