Tell me the exact dimensions you need, and I can measure mine tonight when I get home.

Thanks! All I need is the exact W x H dimension so that I can expand my mounting area to accept it.

Edit: The camera will be recessed into a frame, so I need to know the largest metal case dimensions (e.g., include case perimeter protrustions).

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam

Anthony from Aeropix.ch told me he have a friends who have made a servo mount using CNC machining, I think they have intention to sell it. Send an e-mail to Anthony and ask him if he have intention to sell it.

http://www.aeropix.ch/store/

Thanks for the heads up on the camera mount. I'm a DiY sort of guy, so I am interested in optimizing my mount design. That way I get exactly what I need. If it works well, and has universal appeal, then I may offer it as a kit. :)

That's will be a good solution. I will buy one if Anthony don't sell one before :)

I'm looking for the *exact* dimensions to the metal cased KX-131. Rather than rely on what is published on the vendor page, would one of you that has one be so kind to measure the maximum case width, height, and depth (case only, ignore lens) for me? If possible, please use mechanical calipers (dims to hundredths of inch if possible).

Sorry for the delay. The wife's been sick, so I've had kid duty. :)

Maximum width (at mounting bosses) - 1.183"

Maximum height - 0.978"

Don't forget, I'm sure there will be production tolerances from one to the other.

edit: Did you need the length also? I'm thinking you probably don't. Especially since the length will vary depending on what lens you're using and the focal point selected.

Edited by twinturbostang

Tu as besoin d'une caméra PAL pas NTSC, est-tu sûr qu'ils vendent des cam PAL. Si oui, alors ils doivent livrée en France car nous n'utilisons pas PAL en Amérique du nord.

VrFlyer,

I saw your video using the TrackR1 Head Tracker...great video. I am new to the study of FPV but not to RC.

My question is about the TrackerR1 and how the motion of the tracker get sent to the airplane while still having the radio transmitter controls also sent to the airplane. When I have used the trainer cord connection with a second transmitter the contols on the master radio do not work when you let the second transmitters controls be sent to the airplane. What am I missing?

I have enjoyed reading about everyones adventure with FPV and look forward to getting started.

Jim

My Futaba radio (T9C) let me choose which channels I let the student control. It's like if I let the student control only channel 7 and 8, but in my situation the 7 and 8 channel are control by the gyro.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this...

Vrflyer, you've inspired me to get into FPV flying after seeing a couple of your videos. I'm fairly new to RC and I was wondering if you could recommend to me a good rc transmitter. I'm going to start out slow (maybe even buy an EasyStar) but I will eventually want video, gyro control, and the whole works.

I'm asking you this because it seems you have experience with interference using video rx and interfacing with head trackers like Gyrocontrol. I'd also rather buy a nice RC transmitter first, rather than buying a cheaper, simpler one, and working my way up.

You said you use a Futaba T9C. Is this still your favorite, and is there maybe another one you have found since buying that one that you like better? or any that are cheaper (always nice) ?

Thanks.

My Futaba radio (T9C) let me choose which channels I let the student control.  It's like if I let the student control only channel 7 and 8, but in my situation the 7 and 8 channel are control by the gyro.

Does any one know a solution for JR radios short of buying a Futaba T9C?

I sure would like to try this but every thing I own is JR.

Jim

Edited by jfassino

The high end JR Tx's allow you to selectively assign channels to the trainer Tx. Maybe yours too?

Vrflyer,

You said you use a Futaba T9C. Is this still your favorite, and is there maybe another one you have found since buying that one that you like better? or any that are cheaper (always nice) ?

Thanks.

T9C is still the best that I know, but I'm not an expert on r/c components, i have a lot to learn, just little bit less than you...

The high end JR Tx's allow you to selectively assign channels to the trainer Tx. Maybe yours too?

Only on the first 4 channels... which causes trouble as they are alread used for the aircraft's controls.

If you use a plane without ailerons or rudder and use another channel with a cursor for throttle control you manage to free 2 of them. However that limits the aircraft type greatly.

The 7C is good to consider too, it has most of the 9C's features including selective assignment.

It has "only" 7 channels though, you need to consider that in the choice, you'd have one more with the 9C.

Then it's up to you...

Yes, but even if you use PCM channel 9 is not proportional but on/off only, with no throw setting. I've never found a use for it...

Yes, but even if you use PCM channel 9 is not proportional but on/off only, with no throw setting. I've never found a use for it...

There could be many uses for it... Shutter trigger for aerial photography. Enabling a co-pilot for flight stabilization. Enabling a GPS waypoint sequence module. etc. By using channel 9, you free up the other channels for proportional tasks.

Yep indeed. What I meant is that for now I've always needed proportional ones for all my applications... IR copilot has proportional gain setting, camera shutter needs throw adjustments, camera switch too as it switches between 4 inputs,...

So I really tend not to take this 9th one into account ;)

To each his own of course. For me though....

IR copilot has proportional gain setting

Co-pilot is triggered from a toggle switch. Gain control is set on the co-pilot unit itself (for me anyways).

, camera shutter needs throw adjustments

Proper placement of servo that activates the shutter release could alleviate this.

, camera switch too as it switches between 4 inputs,...

Yeah, if you're switching between 4 inputs, then you definitely need more than "on/off".

As always though, it depends on each individual application. But I'm sure you could find something to put on channel 9. :)

Actually, I'm curious... Are the extra channels (above 9) on the 12Z or 14MZ proportional, or "on/off", as with the 9C?

Edited by twinturbostang

I use an electronic camera shutter :P

The 12MZ has 10 proportional channels and 2 on/off, the 14MZ has 12 and 2 respectively.

That's what tells me I'll have to go for those 12 proportional in some time :P

thanks for the transmitter help, guys. I've been looking around and have some more questions:

1.) Assuming you guys fly with the ratchetted airplane Tx's (let me know if I should consider the heli Tx), what is the difference between FM Tx's and PCM Tx's, if each of them say they are FM(PPM) - PCM switchable?

2.) Should I fly FM or PCM (less glitches vs. greater accuracy?) ? I will be flying with video eventually, if this has any effect on which I should choose.

3.) What is the difference between mode 1 and mode 2 Tx's ?

4.) Are there any channels I should get or not get? (are some too popular? does middle of range (23, 48) get inference from other channels both above and below? )

5.) Are synthesized Tx's worth the extra $$ ?

6.) Are the SUPER Futaba T9C's worth the extra $$ over the regular? needed features for video?

7.) Lastly, (sorry for all the questions- I really appreciate it, though) I'm looking at RC Univerise to buy a Futaba T9C new or used, but are there any vendors I just need to know about?

Thanks a lot.