I am having trouble BWAV 600 2.4ghz set up. As soon as the tx gets the slightest vibration the video drops out. I am trying to use this on my heli so this is a big problem. Is there a lighter ant I could use that would maybe take some stress off the unit? Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks, Jeff

Are you sure your problem come from the tx and not the connector. you knock the tx with a tool, but the tx must be loose, not attach to the helico for this test.

If the problem come from the tx, it look defective to me.

Is the heli nitro, gasser, or electric? How is the video Tx and camera powered?

Are you sure it is vibration? Does sharply tapping on the Tx's metal "sardine can" case cause the problem? Or, does sharply tapping on the microphone cause it?

If a lighter antenna fixes it, then something is defective.

All the little details matter, since there are dozens of variations on this sort of problem. Posting a link to an example video may help too.

I have tested it off of the heli with a separate power supply. And a sharp tap to the tx can will cause the problem. I also thought it might be the wires coming from the unit so I replaced them and the problem is still there. I am not using the microphone wire.

This unit was brand new but because of my so-called modification to the Tx Bill will not stand behind his unit.

Edited by dredevil

Are the lids to the sardine can removable? If so, pop them off and then lightly tap the chassis. Does the noise still occur?

You can continue to use your tapping method to help isolate the area on the chassis that causes the most vibration problems. Keep in mind that even a "good" Tx will get pissy if you tap hard enough.

Beyond that, you can use a magnifying lens to inspect the board for assembly problems (mostly solder issues or wiggly parts). Also inspect how well the PCB is soldered to the metal chassis.

There are a couple tiny pots in the Tx. Maybe one is goofy. Try tapping them with a wood toothpick.

Lastly, if you post clear closeup photos of both sides of the Tx's PC board, someone here may recognize a possible assembly/construction issue.

I'll just pop in to say that this is a known issue for me on the 100mW model. Every unit behaves the same. It might be the case for the 600mW too...