I will receive soon a new headset, it look similar to the I-cuity headset, I will tell more when received. This headset is for evaluation, if I don't like it, they will change it for another model, the same as rc-tech.

post-5-1165553412_thumb.jpg

Did they give it to you for free to review? If so.. thats awesome ;)

less than half price. I will stay objective.

I still waiting about it, it coulb be longer than expected to receive it because shipment from From Hong to the seller is slower than expected.

here the spec;

Pixels of Display: 922 KViewing Angle: 32 degrees

Image Size: 48 inch

Image Input: Composite AVSystem: PAL and NTSC compatibleAudio Input: Yes

Adjustment: volume, nose support

Power Input: 5V, DC

Power Consumption: 1.2 W

Basic Accessories: AC adapter, 3 Cables, Nose support connector, RCA adapter, Recharging cable and Car charger

Watch movies connected with home DVD players, car DVD players, portable DVD players, or PMP.

Play games connected with PS2, Xbox, or Game Cube.

Watch TV connected with TV tuners.

Available for Ipod directly Any other standard AV devices available

On the specifications side of things those glasses look good, very curious to see what you think of them because as much as I like my Sony PLM-S700's the fan and the power consumption annoys me, what's the retail price of them?

The store received the headset monday and ship it to me, I should receive it in 1-2 week. I don't know the retail price. I receive another photo, it look very good, but I don't like the connector position...

post-5-1166785289_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vrflyer

"I-Vision" your right and I found spec. on the internet, the viewing angle is not 32 deg but 24 deg... A world of difference... I hope it's not true.

Edited by Vrflyer

A site in Australia is selling those particular LCD glasses for $350 US + shipping, putting it to $400, their specs page says "48 inch tv at 2 meters, 24 degrees viewing angle" but I saw on a Chinese wholesalers website "48 inch tv at 2 meteres, 32 degrees viewing angle" but neither state what direction of angle (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) so the numbers don't really mean anything.

http://www.22moo.com.au/i-vision%20922.htm

The placement of where the wire connects on the LCD glasses doesn't look too bad just the thickness of the wire and is that a plug? my iTheater ones have wire coming out at roughtly the same spot and importantly the wire on those is thin and light enough to not pull on the glasses like the Rimax ones I had.

If the FOV is 24° then they certainly won't be something exceptional. I'm really eager to receive the Z800s to have a comparison with the S700. I'm pretty sure they would be the only reasonably priced ones out there to stand a comparison in quality, with maybe the added benefit of the larger viewing angle. But now what about the hassle of powering them and dragging the video to VGA converter :unsure:

Might find that out next week :)

I just received the parcel my VGA converter was supposed to be in. Seems they "forgot" to include that item... D'oh!

I'll have to try with the PC inbetween <_<

Haku, I found the same website, they sell different model, and I think the 24 deg is for another model, so the best is to wait to get the real thing in my hand.

Kilrah, if I remember well you already tried the i-glasses headset, if you compare the i-glasses to the headset you use presently, which one have the biggest screen, ( so the biggest f.o.v.).

Sorry, I've never had the chance to try i-glasses.

I've used PLM-A35, PLM-S700, FMD200, and of course the GVDxxx and derivatives.

The ones with the widest FOV are the PLM-A35, which are stated as 30° horizontal. I really liked them for this, but the problem is that 266x225 pixels stretched over that area are VERY noticeable to say the least, you can nearly count them, or follow the separations between them...

Even with the narrower field of the S700 the quality is so good you quickly get addicted and forget that. I'm always laughing when I pass an average set to someone and they say "oh wow the quality is excellent!". Then I make sure I hide the S700, otherwise they'd get very disappointed :P

Once you try this you won't get back to lower resolution...

Seeing the ~5° FOV difference between the A35 and S700 and how it's noticeable I really think those Z800 will be good with even 10 more degrees :)

Edited by Kilrah

I received the new headset today and it work very well. The cables connector is under the headset not on top like I was thought. Picture appear bigger than expected. You can read my comments about it on the new Video-piloting forum on RC-Groups:

It's the 7th message.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616364

post-5-1167277910_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vrflyer