JMS

Reprograming Hitec Servo to rotate 180 degree

This maybe of help to those who wish to not only test their servos but to also reprogram it (digital Hitec servo) to rotate 180 degrees.

Info:

http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?t=891

Seller:

http://www.lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx?pro...2&CategoryID=52

Demo Videos on how to program the servo:

http://www.downonthedeck.com/videos_instruction.htm

B)

Now that looks cool. I've always found ridiculous to spend $150 on a programmer you'll use to reprogram 4 servos and then leave in a tray until the next plane...

As it seems to use the serial port, I might try a little PC program that would work with a quick and dirty level converter, could be cool if it worked :)

can I use a digital servo with my standard receiver (PCM from Futaba), or I need a different receiver in the planes when I use digital servo.

If it work with standard receiver, it`s the best solution to get 180 deg rotation, digital servo are available in all size possible, not sure if the price is low.

With the exception of some specialized gyro-driven R/C heli tail servos, digital servos will work on a standard R/C Rx.

As far as being the best solution, well there's always a flip side to every coin. Some are very chatty under load and some can be aggressive with battery currents. YMMV.

Of course you can. But the smallest digital servo from Hitec I've seen is a 32gr "Mini" type, so that would maybe be a bit heavy. And $48.

Then you need to program it, or as I've seen some sellers will do the 180° programming for you for an extra $10 (servocity)

http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5245mg_di...gital_mini.html

Edited by Kilrah

Well at least it was worth throwing idea at the PROs like you guys to digest and come out with a productive result. I hope one day I will learn to think and process like you guys ... even just a little. So in the mean time I keep reading, learning and experimenting!!! I love it!!!!! :lol:

Well at least it was worth throwing idea at the PROs like you guys to digest and come out with a productive result. I hope one day I will learn to think and process like you guys ... even just a little. So in the mean time I keep reading, learning and experimenting!!! I love it!!!!! :lol:

It's what I've done, I read for over one year before sending my first post. And also I'm french and knowing basic english only. Peoples who was here when the old forum rc-cam begin was most of them very good in electronic, I was knowing little in electronic compare to them, but with patience, I learn more in electronic, in english, and in the same time, learn to fly planes.

Video-pilotage has never grown so fast, but it's still small, you start just at the best time, probably less than fifty peoples fly only with goggles, we are still in the pionner period.

Ouch, now I know more about digital servos, it's certainly not the best solution until digital servos will be everywhere. The best is modifying servos with two resitors method, and the easiest way is the servomax solution.

Merci André ;)

Bonjour VRFLYER

I haven't been in this part of the forum for several days, but just read your reply and I have a few things to say... Merci' Denis for the kind words of encouragements and inspiration! You are an asset to RC-Cam's forum!!

Anyhow Denis thank you again and yeah I guess digital servo's are not the route to go until they learn to make some improvements on them.

It's snowing, raining, blowing and constantly dark over here where I live, so it gives me more time after work to finish my new plane. ( Mulitplex Twin Star) So far I've managed to replace the cockpit part with a carbon fiber plate I made to hold the two servo's and a Sony 520TVL camera. Once that is completed and flown I will finish my 40size trainer glo plane with another Sony 520TVL camera with some special features. :D

Edited by JMS

Me too.....Any way of programming them to slow down for more realistic retracts??