Hello everybody, I am about to buy a new wireless system, I have one chinese tx rated "1500mW" not true.

Anyways I tried to improve the chinese system whith a patch antenna, it improved a little but not much, ie 1/2 of mile at most.

What would you guys recomend me from RangeVideo?

The Tx 500mW or Tx 1000mW both having a Rx with patch antenna on?

I heard about high power transmitter issues, as well lower power tx.

Did anyone ever try both of these systems (500mW and 1000mW), to compare range, interference or control range loss?

Any answer will help me a lot !!!

Take care guys.

hey wilson im also new here but check out these two systems i personally have the 200mw system from futurehobbies.com. you can also try rangevideo.com or blackwidowav.com the system and service from futurehobbies is good they always answered all my questions right away by email. the prices are good for the quality . check out rangevideo.com they have a nice package that includes the kx131 camera which is the one that all the pros in here use for fpv. i dont have that one yet but someday i will get it.

hey wilson im also new here but check out these two systems i personally have the 200mw system from futurehobbies.com. you can also try rangevideo.com or blackwidowav.com the system and service from futurehobbies is good they always answered all my questions right away by email. the prices are good for the quality . check out rangevideo.com they have a nice package that includes the kx131 camera which is the one that all the pros in here use for fpv. i dont have that one yet but someday i will get it.

Hello qnzkrew,

Thanks for the information.

I checked those sites before, people say a lots a good things about them.

But my problem is, I have 2 choices:

Either buy the 1000mW or 500mW.

I want a transmitter with about 1.5 mile range and good for low flights.

But I heard 1000mW would make the range for my radio control shorter!!!

Some other say if the video transmitter is placed 30 inches away from the radio control receiver will be ok.

I am not sure what to buy.

I hope someone that have tried transmitters with different power level could give me a solid good answer in what I should buy.

But anyway thanks for your support.

Assuming good RF designs, a 1000mW system will offer about 30% more range than a 500mW system. However, current, heat, and RF interference, will usually be less on lower power. Your best power choice will depend on what trade-offs you care to make.

Assuming good RF designs, a 1000mW system will offer about 30% more range than a 500mW system. However, current, heat, and RF interference, will usually be less on lower power. Your best power choice will depend on what trade-offs you care to make.

I apprecited your advice.

Better keep the low interference level, and be able to bring the airplane back home :)

Thank you !!!