I bought the camera from Range Video and the tx/rx from Black Widow, good service from both, but maybe Vova (Range) was faster replying my e-mails than Bill and the shipping cost was cheaper.

Anyway the difference was small enough to think about other aspects.

I emailed Bill (Black Widow) last night and had a reply by this morning, so he can be fast :)

Also a lot of people here have used him with good feedback.

Terry

i have used future hobbies and range video they both answer emails really fast i have the 200 mw system from futurehobbies and havent had any problems with the system other than the weather which wont let me use it . and i have the 14 dbi patch from range. both shipping were fast .

I cannot buy from any of the two because they use paypal. I will have to buy from Future Hobbies.

doh.. guess i'll have to get one of the guys at work to order for me...

But don't the commercial paypal accounts allow you to buy using a Visa or Mastercard? A paypal account is not needed when that option is provided by the vendor.

Doing that still creates a paypal account for you i believe. My paypal account was locked out because i did a charge back against a transaction when paypal refused to do anything. Now they want me to send a drivers license scan in along with a bank statement scan. I dont have a drivers license so i cant send it in to get my paypal account back.

The future hobbies systems look pretty good too, how do they compare with the BW and Range video? Are there any other vendors out there worth looking at?

Doing that still creates a paypal account for you i believe.

Here is what the PayPal web site says: "Customers shop on your website and pay you on PayPal. They don’t even need a PayPal account." I manage a site that uses this feature. I noticed that the customer's credit card payments are marked by paypal in our account summary as "The sender of this payment is Unregistered."

But, the credit card option will depend on the shopping cart software used on the vendor's web site. Both rangevideo and blackwidowav appear to accept credit cards, without a paypal account, using their shopping cart interface. So, I think that they are worth a shot if you like what they have.

that sounds pretty good, thanks for the info! Its been 3 years since i ran an online business which used paypal. Paypal used to create accounts for everyone who tried to pay you...

Just tried to order from rangevideo as i felt they had the best value for money, and i get:

The credit card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit card number.

I really wish these websites would get a credit card processing system.. they are soooo easy to setup in the USA. /sigh

Can't you use provide them with your ID instead of the driving license to recover your account??

I don't have any other ID :P

I do have a very well photoshoped drivers license i used to get back my _Spam_ account after it was hacked (oh the irony).. might send that in to them haha.

I'll email range and see if they can offer any alternatives before i do something so illegal to a bank lol.

Just tried to order from rangevideo as i felt they had the best value for money, and i get:

I really wish these websites would get a credit card processing system.. they are soooo easy to setup in the USA. /sigh

Did you tried to make an order? Strange, it suppose to say sign in to Paypal or something. Are you sure your credit card is ok?

as i said up above

My paypal account was locked out because i did a charge back against a transaction when paypal refused to do anything. Now they want me to send a drivers license scan in along with a bank statement scan. I dont have a drivers license so i cant send it in to get my paypal account back.

Yes i tried to make an order, my paypal account is restricted at the moment and has been for almost a year. I guess that restricts all credit cards on that account too.

I guess that restricts all credit cards on that account too.

That is a drag (very tricky that they black listed your credit card). Does a different credit card or debit card work?

I ordered from Range because the kit had a 500 mW trans and the guy even soldered on my Dimension Engineering voltage regulator for me so I just had to plug in my 2 cell lipo and run to the field. The one from Black Widow was 200 mW for the same price so I figured more power is better.

The one from Black Widow was 200 mW for the same price so I figured more power is better.

That was my thinking too :)

That is a drag (very tricky that they black listed your credit card). Does a different credit card or debit card work?

Sadly both of my credit cards are on there.. visa/mastercard logoed debit cards are very rare in australia (only just starting to show up really) so i cant use one of them.

Haha thats pretty funny Capt.

Range video's contact page says to give them a call so i'm going to do that when i get to work. I'll let you know how it pans out.

If I missed your call you can reach me by PM or email.

Please note that the 500mW tx is out of stock- we will have it by the 29th of December.

Regarding the payment troubles, we can accept credit card over the phone. Another note- you do not need a Paypal account to use the "PayPal shopping cart".

Vova Reznik

www.rangevideo.com

Well i did manage to get through to you :) Thank you very much for being so helpful, i'm glad i chose to order from you!

Cell phone lag + international call lag = difficult conversation haha.