clr2cont

Head tracker ...Signal question

Fantastic work you guys are doing!!!

When I do something with electronics I try to learn more than I need to.

I am starting from the ground up. I have looked at the signal coming from the futaba 7cap and I can see the diffrent pulse lengths for each channel. For a lack of the correct term I would call all 7 pulses strung together a FRAME. How are you guys merging your 2 channel (yaw and pitch) from the dual axis gyro into that frame?

I appreciate your help.

The R/C transmitter does that. In the 7C's trainer menu you can choose what channels you want to give to the student. Just choose the 2 that the tracker uses.

If you want to do the replacement yourself it would just be a matter of repeating the signal with a microcontroller, changing the values for the 2 desired channels. Nothing complicated :)

EDIT: You might miss that the trackers we use have been designed especially for this, and do some processing that allows them to be used like this. They are not standard heli gyros.

Edited by Kilrah

Thanks Kilrah..

I was just doing some testing and what I figured out is. If I am going to use channels 6 and 7 for the head tracker, my microcontroller has to generate bogas PWM for channels 1-5 and string that data all together. The Instructor tx will only take the channels selected(channel 6&7) in the PWM string...

onto programing the controller...

Thanks Kilrah..

I was just doing some testing and what I figured out is. If I am going to use channels 6 and 7 for the head tracker, my microcontroller has to generate bogas PWM for channels 1-5 and string that data all together. The Instructor tx will only take the channels selected(channel 6&7) in the PWM string...

onto programing the controller...

You got it! :)