Vrflyer

My new FPV project: Hyperion Cap232 25e

I dream about flying aerobatic planes from the cockpit since 5 years and finally I assembled all the pieces of the puzzle to realize it. One piece was to find the right planes. Hyperion has one plane, the CAP232 25e that is perfect for video-pilotage.

post-8-1167193726_thumb.jpg

The canopy has a bubble higher that other planes. The wing is also lower, the camera will see better the runway and the ground from the cocpit compare to others planes. The canopy is crystal clear, I don’t know other planes of this size who have this feature. I needed to made few modifications to adapt the planes for the camera and tx. I installed a floor in the cockpit and painted everything flat black to minimize the reflection.

post-8-1167193843_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vrflyer

For the panel instruments, I use a photo found on the internet and scale it down.

post-8-1167194219_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vrflyer

Triangles at wing tip are hand made and removable. ZLOG and Vision OSD will be onboard for on screen altitude for precision aerobatic.

I will open a topic in the new video-pilotage forum on RC-Groups when it will start and explain the each steps od the planes constructio, I take severals photos.

post-8-1167194271_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vrflyer

I´ll follow both threads Dennis, thanks for sharing, it´s a really nice proyect :D

BTW, I´ve notice your tilt arm is shorter than in the Easy Star, but you still have some clearance to the canopy. Did it touch the canopy when is tilted down?

I ask it because I still not have tilt movement but I´m thinking about adding the second servo and think that setup is the best, because this way when you look down the camera lean out and the plane must hinder much less than in other setups. But if you have changed it I´m not sure if maybe you have had some problems, or maybe the too long arm needed a strong and heavy servo <_<

Edited by Andres

i use the same servo mount as in my Easystar, but I unglued the cam and reverse it. In the easystar, the cam should look straight or down, in the Cap, the cam should look straight or up for aerobatic. Check here, another guy have found an interesting way for the tilt:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615665

Yes, that´s a very nice idea :o

Sorry about the mount confusion, I have been reading so much fpv related threads lately that I missed this was a previous one.

This is the mount I was thinking about

post-8-1167246850_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andres

That Hyperion is a nice looking plane. Tell me, are you going to have ailerons, rudder, and elevator or just ailerons and elevator for controls?

I flew my Easystar x-mas day as there was no wind. It was very stable and I glided around for 10 mins without any power after climbing very high. But I can see myself getting bored soon with such a stable and slow plane and needing to go for something faster like you are going for. I have a Stryker that would be good to try - it will go 65 mph on 3 cells. :lol:

That Hyperion is a nice looking plane. Tell me, are you going to have ailerons, rudder, and elevator or just ailerons and elevator for controls?

Stricker look to be a good plane for video-piloting.

Sure I will use the rudder and ailerons, how can I will perform good aerobatic without rudder, I will be handicap.