Jussi

Radio interference with video tx

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum, I found one of VRflyer's FPV videos recently, and joined this forum shortly after, and since then I have amazed the wonderful videos all of you guys have produced. These videos have waked up my lifetime dream of flying, so I decided to put up my own FPV project... Surprised? ;) As I'm new to r/c planes, I have decided to start slowly and learn to fly at first, later on add a camera for offline viewing, and finally go for fpv. This in mind I try also save some money by not buying every equipment twice, like a basic radio at first and then upgrade it to 6 or 7 channel one very soon after.

I plan to get Easystar, because of many of you are using it and I have understood that it is among many good starter planes as well. I have read somewhere that certain radio models can interfere with video transmitters, and that multiplex radio has done something like this. I may have an wrond idea, please correct. So finally my questions: Which radio should I get? Are 6 channel radios enough later on? Would I manage even with 4 channels? Is the interference issue more of the radio operating frequency dependent?

Thanks,

Jussi

Hello Jussy,

Radio system: I recommend you is Futaba 7CAP, 8, 9...

It's great radio system, besides that will be able add a Head Tracking system for your camera moviments, and Futaba new models are perfect for the head tracker.

About the radio interference, I don't have anything to say about it, I never had multiplex system.

A computer simulator strongly recommended, it will save you some money and time to learn without trash your airplane, or even lose it.

Take your time on each step, in order to not get frustaded.

Take Care

Edited by wilson

Thanks Wilson. I could have misunderstood the interference issue with some manufacturers' radios, and unfortunately I was unable to find the original thread.

I need to look at the futaba 7c. By the way, for what are all those channels needed for: throttle, elevator, rudder, possibly ailerons, cam pan & tilt makes six channels. What uses have you found, other than those? Left and right aileron at different channel, perhaps?

Thanks,

Jussi