Anyone can help me with this question? I've tried to think this one out with my very little to none electronic knowledge. I can't come up with a solution except for a secondary A/V receiver for recording only.

I am using a Samsung Sport cam where my audio/video rca input are "Y" connected to my video goggles and then to my output of my A/V receiver. Once I pause the recording, I get back feed from my Camcorder. What I seem to see through my goggles is ghost images of my camcorder's display functions like the play, stop etc.

It does get annoying becuse like I said, it's a shakey "ghost image".

Thanks!

John

With typical composite video apps, you should not "Y" the video cables. Otherwise the 75 ohm impedance requirement may be violated. There are video buffer boxes on the market that will solve the problem. The rc-cam FAQ lists three examples.

If your camcorder has a separate video out jack, you could connect one of your video devices to it (instead of Y-ing them).

Thank you Mr.RC-Cam! :)

I missed your FAQ lists of example. I had enquired about a buffer box a month ago to a electronic repair guy I know, but I guess he's not as knowledgable as you in this field.

Anyhow my camcorder does not have a separate video out because of it's tiny size.

Thank you again and I hope you have a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!

John

We tested several units of the 1x2 unit refered at FAQ with reference nr 82-9355 with poor results. Looks like it´s designed to be used with long wires that usualy drops the voltage, in short wire distances the unit gives an output over the 1 volt p.p. burning the image. The image is still there but quite white and with terrible color accuracy. If I remember well the manual tell to use it with wires arroun 25 mts or more.

We tested several units of the 1x2 unit referred at FAQ with reference nr 82-9355 with poor results.

That is sad news -- I'll delete it from the FAQ list. However, if you still have them, I suspect you could obtain satisfactory operation by experimenting with the termination resistors. Fortunately, too much signal is easier to deal with than too little. :)

We played with them as much as possible trying to get the parameter into the right value but we were only able to get little improvement. Far away from what we expected to get . The splitter eats all the quality video a little camera can provide. The friend who was playing with it told me it is not right designed nor using the right components but it´s cheap and may be works well enough in cases were long wires are in use.

I just ordered a few 12V 4-way splitters a couple of days ago, for about $10 each. We'll see how these go... :unsure:

That makes my own design useless, even the components cost more. But oh well, in addition to sparing a couple of hours making one, I'll have a nice case as bonus :lol:

Oh, and they have individual level trimmer pots for the different outputs. Sounds good :)

Mr: RC-Cam: FYI, the "MCM #60-9890, 1 X 7 Video Buffer (12 VDC)" link on your FAQ page redirects to a "no match found" page.

Edited by Kilrah

The friend who was playing with it told me it is not right designed nor using the right components ...

I'd have to agree with your friend -- it sounds like it was a bad design. I have removed it from the FAQ.

The bad links have been updated. Thanks to all that reported the link problems.

Rather than starting a new thread, I just ordered from eBay a 12v 1-to-4 video splitter/booster (with individual gain control on the outputs) for someone's car and will give it a good test on my wireless cam stuff first and report back here, but what caught my eye on the eBay search was a 1-to-4 kit someone was selling for 2/3 the price of the one I bought and it's smaller.

It's a Future Kit model number FK655, tried to look at their website but it appears to be down but it's sold in a lot of places, for example:

http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/FK655

http://www.lichfieldelectronics.co.uk/prod...products_id=294

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=140071728788

Anyone willing to give that kit a test?

Well I hope to go with what I call the "Kilrah method" where I record the incoming video to a USB capture card. Unfortunately it will have to wait, so I bought the Future Kit U-build (FK655) video amplifier and splitter kit. Hey I haven't assembled an electronic kit OR solder this much since high school! (long time ago!) I'm starting to really LOVE this DIY stuff so I really like to thank you guys for sucking me into this! I'm having way too much fun building stuff from scratch, hacking things to make it work better and learning new electronic technical stuff!

I know it's nothing new to you guys since you do it all the time and for years, but for me I'm starting to see what you guys see! This is a great place!!! :lol:

I plan to purchase a few more kits until I can figure how to design my own "simple" stuff.

At the moment I plan to use my PCB Etching Kit where I will redesign my power distribution for camera and TX. (just to clean up the spaghetti of wires inside my plane.)

Thanks again, you guys are way beyond coolness! ;)

I'm starting to really LOVE this DIY stuff so I really like to thank you guys for sucking me into this!

Well it great you are having fun, thats what it's all about but I don't remember doing any sucking :unsure::lol::P

Terry

I just ordered a few 12V 4-way splitters a couple of days ago, for about $10 each. We'll see how these go... :unsure:

That makes my own design useless, even the components cost more. But oh well, in addition to sparing a couple of hours making one, I'll have a nice case as bonus :lol:

Oh, and they have individual level trimmer pots for the different outputs. Sounds good :)

Hi Kilrah

How does that splitter work?

I need one, with my new camcoder my Y wire doesn´t work :(

Where did you get it?