Mr.RC-Cam

Lightweight Pan and Tilt Mechanism

Well, I just finished my modified Pandora mount for the IFOSC Camera. I used a piece of thin plastic and created a new backplate using the original concept. I was able to make a large enough hole in the back to allow access to the controls without compromising the integrity of the part. However, I would STILL buy a custom backplate to keep the snazzy red scheme complete!

18321103321.jpg

18405492929.jpg

18321163937.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I'll look into creating a custom back plate for the IFOSC. I'm a bit overloaded with other things, so it might be awhile. Anyone have a broken IFOSD camera they want to unload? :)

But, why not try it yourself? For access to its push buttons, how about making some holes just big enough to allow a pressing them with a Q-tip swab (or something like that). The existing cutouts probably take care of access to most of the push-buttons, so there shouldn't be too much work to finish the job.

Edited by rob10000

Well, I just finished my modified Pandora mount for the IFOSC Camera.

Looks great.

I would STILL buy a custom backplate to keep the snazzy red scheme complete!

How's this: Send me an accurate dimensioned drawing for the back of the IF camera, as well as one of your home made samples, and I'll reward you with a snazzy red one as soon as they are available.

Or better yet, lend me your IF camera and I'll do all the design work. Your reward would still be a fancy red backplate.

Thanks for the photos. I'll look into creating a custom back plate for the IFOSC. I'm a bit overloaded with other things, so it might be awhile.

A bit off topic, what are those new projects you´re working on? I´m hungry for news. ;)

A bit off topic, what are those new projects you´re working on? I´m hungry for news.

Honestly, lately I've been too busy to think about publishing a new DiY rc-cam project. And with rare exception, I stopped posting about "future products" for upcoming commercial sale. It seems that a lot of that is going on in our industry at the moment and it only serves to frustrate the customer as they wait and wait.

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam

With Rob1000's encouragement, a new Pandora tilt plate was developed. Actually two new mounts were created. One fits the IF-OSD/DPC-420A/DPC-480A OSD camera and another fits the KX-171/IF-FPV/DPC-171 day~night camera.

First photo shows the KX-171 style camera on the left (setup as pilot view mount), and the OSD camera is on the right (setup as a undercarriage mount).

post-2-1220502364_thumb.jpg

Second photo shows a close up of how the KX-171 style camera is mounted to the tilt plate. A couple of fiberglass mounting ears do all the work.

post-2-1220501978_thumb.jpg

The third photo is a close up of the OSD camera mounting. It mounts to the tilt plate using the 2mm screws provided in the original Pandora kit.

post-2-1220501827_thumb.jpg

Last photo is the backside of the OSD camera's mounting plate. Full access to the keypad is provided via the cutout.

post-2-1220501870_thumb.jpg

These will soon be available at the dpcav.com store and other fine retailers that offer dpcav goodies. Since no good deed goes unpunished, rob1000 has been sent one for his OSD camera. :)