UAVCORP

UAV Design Contest $$$

In regards to your commercialization, have you actively spoken to the universities that have UAV programs? Given your tough requirements and small reward, an eager recent graduate, from a successful project, may be your best bet. I realize it can be difficult to trust the advertised skills of a young engineer since they know much less than they realize this early in their career. So, be choosy in selecting your candidate.

In regards to your commercialization, have you actively spoken to the universities that have UAV programs? Given your tough requirements and small reward, an eager recent graduate, from a successful project, may be your best bet. I realize it can be difficult to trust the advertised skills of a young engineer since they know much less than they realize this early in their career. So, be choosy in selecting your candidate.

I'm not limiting myself to this forum.

Also, I can actually purchase a UAV from micropilot for $7500 which includes the electronics, so 5K is not a bad deal for someone who wants to make some extra cash on a system he/she has already created. Remember; I'm only asking for the BOM and software, not the the physical components. This is an opportunity to help a young student and put some needed cash into their pocket.

http://www.micropilot.com/prod_uav.htm

Edited by UAVCORP

I can actually purchase a UAV from micropilot for $7500 which includes the electronics, so 5K is not a bad deal for someone who wants to make some extra cash on a system he/she has already created.

I have considered that. But it seems to me that your laundry list of requirements puts your application at a totally different level than a trainer UAV.

Most of the established members of this forum are very sophisticated video R/C and UAV hobbyists (cream of the crop in my opinion). But, none have every disclosed, or hinted at, anything regarding a personal project that has the scope of what you have asked for. Not even close.

That is why I am hinting at pushing this up the food chain (rather than hoping for a working/reliable solution from gifted midnight experimenters). Getting a design you will have rights to produce, at a $5K price, in your five month time-frame, may be a tough nut to crack. But it sounds like you have put a lot of effort into this and may have exhausted the commercial/professional sources for help.

BTW, does your firm have a web site?

I have considered that. But it seems to me that your laundry list of requirements puts your application at a totally different level than a trainer UAV.

Most of the established members of this forum are very sophisticated video R/C and UAV hobbyists (cream of the crop in my opinion). But, none have every disclosed, or hinted at, anything regarding a personal project that has the scope of what you have asked for. Not even close.

That is why I am hinting at pushing this up the food chain (rather than hoping for a working/reliable solution from gifted midnight experimenters). Getting a design you will have rights to produce, at a $5K price, in your five month time-frame, may be a tough nut to crack. But it sounds like you have put a lot of effort into this and may have exhausted the commercial/professional sources for help.

BTW, does your firm have a web site?

I'm sure it will be beyond the limitations of some of the members here but there is always someone who is willing to take on the challenge. As far as the electronics are concerned: it is only required to test out the flight model and won't be sold with it. The type of system I'm asking for from the members here does not incorporate the sophistication required to sell it to government agencies. It would be however capable of conducting the tests on the flight model very nicely.

The company is in process of incorporation so the website will be available in a few more weeks.

With due regard to all of the above,the approach to the project is not realistic, knowing the UAV industry world wide as I do, hands-on for more than forty years.

I dont make my own nuts and bolts, or autopilots, I get serious bits that have been tested and proven and come with money-back guarantees. That way the Bird comes back also, (although in some quarters $100,000 birds are expendable).

A Global Hawk augered in recently, just consider the developement costs alone as well as the price of the bird etc. sh*t happens, but a serious approach minimises it. A person capable of delivering what you want in one package will probably cost you what I consider adequate remuneration for a lot of years learning to do it right; around $5000 a month and stock options.

Good luck!

With due regard to all of the above,the approach to the project is not realistic, knowing the UAV industry world wide as I do, hands-on for more than forty years.

I dont make my own nuts and bolts, or autopilots, I get serious bits that have been tested and proven and come with money-back guarantees. That way the Bird comes back also, (although in some quarters $100,000 birds are expendable).

A Global Hawk augered in recently, just consider the developement costs alone as well as the price of the bird etc. sh*t happens, but a serious approach minimises it. A person capable of delivering what you want in one package will probably cost you what I consider adequate remuneration for a lot of years learning to do it right; around $5000 a month and stock options.

Good luck!

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”

-Winston Churchill

I'm an optimistic person by nature and I WILL find someone who is optimistic as well. That's as simple as I can put that. Thanks for your input.

Edited by UAVCORP