Sign in to follow this  
qnzkrew

pan tilt gogles for jr radio

i have a camera system from future hobbies and a pan system on a electric plane my gogles are coming monday . i keep hearing about gyrocontrols and the motion sensors working for futaba radios.. has there been any advance in making the jr radios work.. i know you guys build your own system so any imput will help if the problem is too big to overcome then i guess ill have to get a second radio after i spent all that money on t the 9303 :huh:

You would need to have a separate power source for the gyro's but it will work on JR radios. the high end JR's allow giving only certain channels to the trainee which is what you need to do.

As long as your radio support its you will be fine. If it doesn't, you may want to look at routing it through the computer with alternative input with something like the PCTx (www.endurance-rc.com).

The issue is that the JR radios only allow mapping the lowest 4-channels to the pan and tilt. I hear that at this point, this obstacle has not been conveniently solved. There are proposed solutions, but none as simple as using the high end Futaba Tx's.

i really appreciate all of your input about this matter.. i have the 9303 so i think thats somewhat high end i havent messed with it too much but i think it would prob allow me to dedicate certain channels for the trainer port. i just didnt know what was the whole deal with the jr radios compared to the futabas :blink::blink:

check through your manual and play around with the radio, if you have a 6ch or a friend with a 6ch JR radio you might want to try buddying up to see if you can get the trainee only controling channels 5 and 6.

You could also go down to your local hobby store and see if they can help you out.

RC Cam: I know that there are other JR radios which allow mapping of channels higher than 4 - one of the guys i work with at the hobby shop has allowed me to use ch 5 & 6 on his radio for controling onboard things before, can't remember the model though.

oh and by the way i still have to figure out how to add the gyro control to the system becuase im no EE .hopefully i can find a ready to use version on the internet or just do what i have been doin and readin every single post and coming up with a hacked up version :D

oh thanks again harris i have the 9303 its a 9 channel radio from jr i will start playing around with it thanks