Sign in to follow this  
Aerial Platform

Problem with TX40 Mini: User Error?

I received my X11 set a few days ago from RCTech. Wow! Only a week from them to the USA, I was expecting a month or longer.

The goggles work great but the TX40 won't lock the vertical sweep. Is there a pot on the board to make an adjustment? Sending it all the way back across the ocean is more expensive than doing the work locally.

I do have other cameras that I tried with the receiver and it works great. The TX40 has the same result with the other receivers as well. Voltage is good. Also, it's hard to tell with the image rolling at 1.5 to 2 times a second but it appears that the chroma is gone too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

I suspect that Kilrah will pop in to help. In the meantime, is this by chance an issue of PAL versus NTSC? That would explain the rolling picture and loss of color.

Good point Mr.RC-Cam. I've already answered by e-mail before seeing this, but didn't think of that. However, he says he tried with the goggles, and they accept both signals anyway.

I'm embarased to say that I used to be a microwave tech, installing gear on helis, blimps, incar cams, etc. and I totally didn't think of PAL/NTSC. I'll check it tonight with head between tail and tell what I think you guys figured out.

Kilrah, I did check the goggles but not with the TX40. I powered it up on the TV set first and didn't proceed further thinking it was broken. I used one of my other cams with the goggles.

Oh OK, I misunderstood then. If you trried the camera on your NTSC TV that would be the problem indeed...

I'd like to change the title of my original posts but it's not an option available on the EDIT page. Can a mod do this? The info is good for others who may get a PAL cam in the US but the title should be more like, "User Error".