script

Gears for full 360 or close to it?

Has any one set up a pan tilt system that uses gears for the pan servo? By placing a gear on the servo head and a smaller one on the camera mount you could obtain 360+ degrees of rotation. Has anyone tried it?

I’m trying to come up with a system that will give me full 360 capabilities. Are there any servos in production that will do a 360?

I have an old radio that I can tinker with, I would like to have the camera controlled my a completely different radio. I was wandering if there is a way to take out the spring mechanism in the sticks of a transmitter, so the stick will stay where you place it, vertically or horizontally, and not return to center.

Some have done that. However, be aware that it will amplify the servo's steps too, and might make them pretty noticeable.

The spring is easy to remove on usual transmitters.

I’m trying to come up with a system that will give me full 360 capabilities. Are there any servos in production that will do a 360?

Winch servos will do more than 360, they are more like 800 degrees. But they are bulky and lack the precision of a regular servo. If you gear them down to 360 degrees they may be ok as a pan servo.

Has any one set up a pan tilt system that uses gears for the pan servo? By placing a gear on the servo head and a smaller one on the camera mount you could obtain 360+ degrees of rotation. Has anyone tried it?

That is a popular arrangement with the larger camera ships. The parts are available from servocity.com