JMS

camcorder vs pc capture box which is better?

Hehe :P

The worst is that I actually checked first, and found another place where they stated the input... Of course, after receiving it and seeing it wouldn't work I suddenly found zillions of sites mentioning the lack of video input as one of the thing's main disadvantage :angry:

Oh well, we have a good auction site here... :rolleyes:

Let me ask this. Has anything changed since the MPVR thread died a while back? Where do we stand in the 150.00 or less group of card recorders? The Aiptek MPVR seemed to be the one to get, but it has been replaced by the PVR model. This model reportedly locks up on video dropouts. Can this be confirmed by anyone? Should I get a MPVR while I still can,(only a few places still carry them), or see what comes out next. The big concern is everything in this class may soon not allow dropouts.

As for a real camcorder, I feel that for me personally, this is a bad time to buy! They are still very expensive, yet they are a dead format. I also like the light MPVR because is allows worry free use inside the aircraft as an option.

I feel I need to jump soon, or the MPVR will soon be gone!

Edited by wmacky1

Let me ask this. Has anything changed since the MPVR thread died a while back? Where do we stand in the 150.00 or less group of card recorders?  The Aiptek MPVR seemed to be the one to get, but it has been replaced by the PVR model. This model reportedly locks up on video dropouts. Can this be confirmed by anyone? Should I get a MPVR while I still can,(only a few places still carry them), or see what comes out next. The big concern is everything in this class may soon not allow dropouts.

As for a real camcorder, I feel that for me personally, this is a bad time to buy! They are still very expensive, yet they are a dead format. I also like the light MPVR because is allows worry free use inside the aircraft as an option.

I feel I need to jump soon, or the MPVR will soon be gone!

Well, I used MPVR as my first recorder, and I used the MPVR display to fly FPV, hard to fly using iit that wasy but, it's possible.

A friend of mine bougth the PVR, so far he did not have problem with that.

Camcorder in my opinion is the best way to go, I switched from MPVR to miniDV camcorder and.... wow, what difference, away better video quality.

My friend and I tested both MPVR and miniDV, recording the same video, and then we watched both, no doubt, miniDV is ridiculosly better. B)

Edited by wilson

Hello everyone, I'm not so good in english but I will try to explain my situation,

I'm new in FPV and just started to buy my stuff. I've got the camera kx131 and TX/RX steal searching for google.

I've got a Sony digital cam HC20 with firewire input no analog. To convert the signal, I bought the Pyro A/V converter API-557 ADS Tech. I connect to the output of the converter, my cam (firewire) and my analog display (tv or google).

I just made some test inside my house and everything seem to work properly very neet image. But sometimes, when I move inside my house, I lost the signal and my digital camera turn in blue screen for about 3 secondes and my analog display just go black for 1/2 sec. I don't know if it's normal because I'm inside but

in this week end I will do some range test at the exterior to check if I lost signal. The Pyro A/V seem to be a good solution to convert Analog to Firewire signal.

Hello everyone, I'm not so good in english but I will try to explain my situation,

I'm new in FPV and just started to buy my stuff. I've got the camera kx131 and TX/RX steal searching for google.

I've got a Sony digital cam HC20 with firewire input no analog. To convert the signal, I bought the Pyro A/V converter API-557  ADS Tech. I connect to the output of the converter, my cam (firewire)  and my analog display (tv or google).

I just made some test inside my house and everything seem to work properly very neet image. But sometimes, when I move inside my house, I lost the signal and my digital camera turn in blue screen for about 3 secondes and my analog display just go black for 1/2 sec. I don't know if it's normal because I'm inside but

in this week end I will do some range test at the exterior to check if I lost signal. The Pyro A/V seem to be a good solution to convert Analog to Firewire signal.

You are doing just the right thing, going after info.

First of all, what kind video transmitter and receiver are you using?

What type of anntena?

The blue screen is going to show every time you get a big video drop, and depending on the video converter it might take half of second to synchronize the image, typical behavior on video converters.

About the video drops, it depends on a bunch of things, for exemple: what kind material were used to build your house, like metal real brick, concret etc.

Here in US I have no problems with video drops inside my house, the walls are hollow !!! :D

Give us more info from you video stuff.

If I am not able, someone else here will help you out with the right info.

Edited by wilson

hello wilson

thank you to respond.

here the spec of my material.

receiver

Features:

- DC 12V operating voltage

- 240mA power consumption

- 2.4ghz frequency band

- 8 channel operation

- 80 x 63 x 20mm

- Detachable SMA antenna

transmiter

Features:

- 500mW RF output power

- 2.4ghz frequency band

- 8 channel operation with PLL lock

- Transmits both video and audio

- Detachable SMA antenna

- 12v, 450mA

- 80 x 52 x 18mm, 50g

Camera

Features: kx131

- 1/4" Sony Super HAD CCD

- 180mA power consumption

- DC 5V (±10%) operating voltage. 12V with regulator.

- 380 horizontal lines of resolution.

- 30mm(lense to back) x 30mm(W) x 25(H)mm

- 1.0 ounce (30 grams)- camera only

- 1 lux

I bought from rangevideo

Thank you

Serge

hello wilson

thank you to respond.

here the spec of my material.

receiver

Features:

- DC 12V operating voltage

- 240mA power consumption

- 2.4ghz frequency band

- 8 channel operation

- 80 x 63 x 20mm

- Detachable SMA antenna

transmiter

Features:

- 500mW RF output power

- 2.4ghz frequency band

- 8 channel operation with PLL lock

- Transmits both video and audio

- Detachable SMA antenna

- 12v, 450mA

- 80 x 52 x 18mm, 50g

Camera

Features: kx131

- 1/4" Sony Super HAD CCD

- 180mA power consumption

- DC 5V (±10%) operating voltage. 12V with regulator.

- 380 horizontal lines of resolution.

- 30mm(lense to back) x 30mm(W) x 25(H)mm

- 1.0 ounce (30 grams)- camera only

- 1 lux

I bought from rangevideo

Thank you

Serge

No questions about quality, rangevideo has high end products.

I asked about your video equipment beacuse, some people buy low quality type of video wireless system deceived by its price and power, and they want great results...I was one of them <_<

I did not have enough info about videos transmitter, and where to buy good equipment.

Anyhow, you be very happy with your setup, about you video drops, it can happens inside the house for many reasons, but out side flying it will be great.

Just to let you know I have the same setup too, here is one of my videos, using identical setup, except for the receiver antena is a patch.

By the way the closer to the ground the transmitter the more you get video drops.

Are you in Spain or France ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...468810488461235

Edited by wilson

Hello wilson,

nice vid when you attempt to landing it was close to you .  :o

I'm in Canada.

Serge

Merci Serge,

I landed it, let me remember....maybe about 3 - 5 meters from myself.

I never know how much close my plane is from me, because I'm still getting use to wide 2.1mm lens, everything seems to further than they really are. :huh:

That's why I try land the airplane passing by, never land it straight towards me, otherwise it runn over me :)

Go on Serge, if you are going to use video goggles find a spotter to help you, make a nice video, and show it to us.

Au revoir

Edited by wilson

Hi all

I finally found a second hand Canon MVX200i (EU version of Elura60). 250 euros is not a bad price considering it has 2 years warranty :D

Now I´m trying to edit some video in full resolution (DV) with Pinnacle Studio 9 (came with the camcoder) but the video captured is really horrible :angry: . Actually, I´ve tested with another edition program (Honestech) and using Mpeg the quality is much better.

I must be missing something because the weight of the file using DV quality with Pinnacle is 35MB for a 9 second video, but seems like 320x240 video :unsure:

What am I doing wrong?

How should I do to edit a full resolution video?

Thanks

Andres

Try using Windows movie maker... I hate it, but it doesn't do its job too bad. I personally use Adobe Premiere.

Did you check if there wasn't some wrong settings like PAL/NTSC? What did you use to watch the video? Is it the preview in the program?

Wow I´m stupid, I´ve only played it with Windows Media Player. With BSPlayer or PowerDVD the quality is amazing :blink::D:D

Thanks Kilrah :)