Vrflyer

My new video goggle setup

Wow Mr. RC-Cam

You never cease to blow me away with your knowledge! No wonder why you are so well known everywhere! :D

JMS

post-8-1169017717_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMS

Wow Mr. RC-Cam

You never cease to blow me away with your knowledge! No wonder why you are so well known everywhere! :D

JMS

Indeed JMS !!!

I appreciate all the info from Mr. RC-CAM, whom humblely answers a lots of questions.

And what is interesting is: If he knows the answer, he answers it, if he doesn't know the answer, he doesn't say anything. B)

If he knows the answer, he answers it, if he doesn't know the answer, he doesn't say anything.

Thank you for the kind words and the brilliant oz'd picture. I tend to only answer where I think I can help. That does not mean I really know the answer. :)

Well, in this case let me rephrase it.

" If he knows the answer, he answers it, if he doesn't know the answer, he tries to help anyway. " ;)

Edited by wilson

I understand why I got so much range using only 3dbi dipole antenna on the receiver. The road locate at two kilometer, is not not in fact at two kilometer... I measure the distance severals years ago, and I was beleive it was at two lilometers, but it is at 1.4 kilometer, so I reach 1.3 kilometer last time when I lost the video near the house.

I will try again with 8 dbi patch this time to reach two kilometers.

I'm not satisfy of the goggle sunshade I made, under the sun I got many reflexion on the windows. I made a sunshade that match the contour of my face, it was easier than expected, it's very light and the headset still look good, more info on rc-group

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622190

post-8-1169139003_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vrflyer

I'm not satisfy of the goggle sunshade I made, under the sun I got many reflexion on the windows.

Denis.

Did you mean you got reflection on the goggle lens inside? From the stiffness of the plastic, allowing too much light to creep through the sides, top & bottom where it meets your face? :huh:

Edited by JMS

Did you mean you got reflection on the goggle lens inside? From the stiffness of the plastic, allowing too much light to creep through the sides, top & bottom where it meets your face? :huh:

Yes I got reflection on the goggle lens, on the first lens on the exterior.

My sunshade block all light.

I think every goggle have the same problem, some have eyecup, but if they don't fit the contour of the eyes, light will reflect on goggle windows when head is turning.

I guess we can detach the arms on the goggles and fabricate a stylish neoprene skin. ( We gotta look good on the field.) Glue the goggles into the neoprene skin and sew Velcro on the neoprene arms for head adjustments. The neoprene will flow with the contours of your head and covering around the eyes easily. We can put tiny holes on any strategic locations of the n-skin to allow breathing and ventilation. Heck we can even put beer holders on the arms too with bendy straws! Hey do you think the goggle will still be under warranty? :D

post-8-1169185348_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMS

As a really odd idea, you could wear a balaclava backwards over the goggles :)

In Australia you can get hats which have flaps down the side of the brim, and down the back.. leaving only the area directly infront of you open, you could possibly try to make or find something like this.

Can you explain balaclava, the only ones I know of are these and I think it would spook the little kiddies and grannies at the park I would fly. :ph34r:

The hat idea I actually like because it's not too hot for the users on warm days! ;)

post-8-1169186171_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMS

To block sunlight getting in the way of viewing the screens on my iTheater glasses I took a cheap baseball cap and glued a piece of cloth on the peak:

DuckbillCap.jpg

Yeah, I forgot about that image of your setup Haku! Now that's a very simple and practical solution. Sometime the simple things are just right in front of your face! ( no pun intended ) :)

To block sunlight getting in the way of viewing the screens on my iTheater glasses I took a cheap baseball cap and glued a piece of cloth on the peak:

DuckbillCap.jpg

That's a great idea Haku, simple and functional, I like that. :)

Edited by wilson

In Australia you can get hats which have flaps down the side of the brim, and down the back.. leaving only the area directly infront of you open, you could possibly try to make or find something like this.

Hello Mark,

I liked the hate idea too. :)

Do you know if the hat has an specific name ?

So, then I be able to do some resarch about it.

Or, do you have any photo of the hat ?

If i remember, i'll drop into some of the "touristy" stores next friday night when i'm in the city. I doubt you'll find them outside of australia - they are a pretty specific thing. A lot of council workers use them when working outside as they protect from the glare alot too.

The mining company my sister works for has done similiar things with their hard hats, the areas where she works get over 55c and the sun is very intense so it really protects the face.

Anyway i'll see what i can find, and see what prices i can find them at too if people want i'd be happy to post some out at cost+postage :)

If i remember, i'll drop into some of the "touristy" stores next friday night when i'm in the city. I doubt you'll find them outside of australia - they are a pretty specific thing. A lot of council workers use them when working outside as they protect from the glare alot too.

The mining company my sister works for has done similiar things with their hard hats, the areas where she works get over 55c and the sun is very intense so it really protects the face.

Anyway i'll see what i can find, and see what prices i can find them at too if people want i'd be happy to post some out at cost+postage :)

Thank's Mark !!! :)

BTW 55 degrees wow, that's a killer !!! :blink:

Wow Australians must have skin like armor, I think I would turn into a dried prune under that kind of intense heat!

I'v been looking for caps, that are to

be used on the shooting range:

http://www.hps-tr.com/access_HPS.asp

Hey, they look perfect to me. :)

I made a visor for my goggles, but last flight I took it off and put on top of my truck to do some thing on my plane, and the wind blew it away and I could find it. <_<

Good job finfing it.

Hello to everyone ...... Especially VRFLYER !!!

I accidentally found his videos on Google and have been hooked

ever since. I've been following the forum, bought an EasyStar,

hooked up a cheap wireless camera and got my first videos.

Now it's time to get serious and get into head tracking and into

higher quality videos.

Right now I'm working on reliable 180 degree rotation of of a

HiTec HS-81 servo. The pot seems to rotate about 200 degrees ....

haven't checked the linearity of resistance near the endpoints yet.

But, it looks like with good calibration and removal of the plastic

stop, that 180 degrees is possible with a little room to spare.

My goal is also to be able to look over the side of the plane and

look directly down at the ground. I think if the camera mounted on a short

arm that this is possible.

It's gonna require some interesting programming of a PIC, so a centering

routine does not allow the camera to strike the dashboard of the plane.

Goonna be a fun project.

So, Hello to everyone and thanks for what I have learned from everyone so far.

Sincerely, TNFAN

Hello to everyone ...... Especially VRFLYER !!!

I accidentally found his videos on Google and have been hooked

ever since. I've been following the forum, bought an EasyStar,

hooked up a cheap wireless camera and got my first videos.

Now it's time to get serious and get into head tracking and into

higher quality videos.

Right now I'm working on reliable 180 degree rotation of of a

HiTec HS-81 servo. The pot seems to rotate about 200 degrees ....

haven't checked the linearity of resistance near the endpoints yet.

But, it looks like with good calibration and removal of the plastic

stop, that 180 degrees is possible with a little room to spare.

My goal is also to be able to look over the side of the plane and

look directly down at the ground. I think if the camera mounted on a short

arm that this is possible.

It's gonna require some interesting programming of a PIC, so a centering

routine does not allow the camera to strike the dashboard of the plane.

Goonna be a fun project.

So, Hello to everyone and thanks for what I have learned from everyone so far.

Sincerely, TNFAN

Hello tnfan,

Welcome on board.

Fired up huh?! :)

Yeah, that's always good to meet, someone full of ideas, projects etc...

Just regarding on the servo plastic stopper, I would not recomend you to remove it, any glitch or something, will make the servo will over travel, I'm using a servo strecher now, less than 20 bucks.

Someone told me before, I tried anyways <_< , and I learned that's it's not a good idea. ;)

I'm just sharing the info. B)

We are anxious to see your videos !!!

Edited by wilson

Vrflyer,

you mentiond....I removed the TX between legs, and plug the goggles directly on the receiver output, video was clear with strong signal over half kilometer.

I'm confused? I thought for goggles to work you need to plug them into the A/V output of a camcorder or such and the A/V output of the camcorder plugs into the Rx.

but it is possible to bypass the camcorder and go directly into the Rx.

thanks....jimo