wilson

We want to watch your video.

I would like to share my videos, there are still not great, but I am working on it. <_<

But so far I have had a lots of fun with FPV flight.

Let's warm up this forum a little bit more, and share whatever you got recorded with your FVP system.

I tried to record some others flight before, but the recorder that I was using wa shutting off 20 seconds after the video have started. Now I am using a MiniDv HC40, but since I bought it, I had a to record only one flight. <_<

I was getting noise on my video everytime I centered the camera ( pointing straight foward) <_<

I found what it was, a metal gear servo for panning

Anyways here is the link for my video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=24...651&q=fpv&hl=en

PS: By the way, some text I translated to Portuguese in order for some of my friends be able to understand it. ;)

Edited by wilson

Nice to see you over here Jetpilot !!! :lol: And a BIG WELCOME to RC-CAM Forum!!!

Thanks JMS !!!

I dont know why I never tried this forum before, but it looks pretty active and there is lots of good info here :P I followed a link off RCGroups and was suprised at how active this forum is.

Im sure there are some out there that are also saying " Oh no, its JetPilot :blink: " but thats ok too... I say things like they are, weather its popular or not.

But either way, im registered and here to stay !

JetPilot

Im sure there are some out there that are also saying " Oh no, its JetPilot :blink: " but thats ok too... I say things like they are, weather its popular or not.

Welcome! :) This is where all the techie's hang out. Lots of cool projects. This forum is similar to rcgroups, but without all the fluff. Straight to business here. ;)

Welcome Jet.

I know from the RCGroups too. :D

BTW right on, that's a brazilian song called " Nao e facil ( it's not easy )"

Edited by wilson

I am flying entirely by FPV using the video goggles. My plane will retrun to me with the GPS if I lose the signal for some reason, but all the flying done in the videos was done manually through the video goggles.

JettPilot

I am flying entirely by FPV using the video goggles.  My plane will retrun to me with the GPS if I lose the signal for some reason, but all the flying done in the videos was done manually through the video goggles.

JettPilot

Wow, what type radio are you using?

Any booster, or different antenna for your transmitter?

I went up to 2000 feet yesterday with 500mw, well 2000 ft high, plus 1500' ground distance, I got a glitch, maybe two, then I did not think twice, I made u-turn. :P

Edited by wilson

Thanks JMS !!!

I dont know why I never tried this forum before, but it looks pretty active and there is lots of good info here :P I followed a link off RCGroups and was suprised at how active this forum is.

But either way, im registered and here to stay !

JetPilot

Well I'm not sure about the "Oh no, it's JettPilot" part because I think you are very cool! Your knowledge and wisdom is awlays a big help to all of us especially for us newbies!!! I already see you made yourself at home here since it's people you aready know anyways.

Like Twinturbostang said, NO FLUFF HERE! Just a bunch of good level headed people with out the dramatics like other forums!

Chat with you later! ;)

Ello everybody ,

As a beginer i suposed i have to made first my presentation:

I am a 36 years, start rc at 18 years, and FPV 1 month.

Initialy one tx10 camera rx/tx a dvd 7" with a cardbox to stop the light.

Know upgrade for Rimax 4.0 googles (buyed from a shop 30 km from my home) and fly next day, i has thinking in the z800 but to mutch time to deliver, a 420 ccd sharp (or LG) from china with a very strong metal box and a 500 mw tx from Active Robots.

Were is my first flight with this new set, the quality is not very good because the compression but in the googles was great and i have to cut part of the flight (originaly 12 minuts).

I fly with Multiplex Tx/rX sintetized and rx is an IPD that is more like PCM, wend we detects interference enter flight safe you will notice that in the movie, if you watch carefuly you see it and in the final off the flight wend i "land" (: the comands blocked 20" high and only libert imediatly before landind but... too late.

After two more flights with some interferences, thes last one was really the last one, i became with the comands blocked and motor running with nose down, well one EASY STAR less the camera lent brocken lipos etc..

I Suposed it was the 500 mw tx that interfear with the rx because wend i fly with 10 mw tx10 no interference what is your opinion.

Sorry for so long post but as i dont know any one were in Portugal in FPV world to share my experience i have to do it with you.

Fly safe, fly FPV

Ola Luis,

That was a GREAT video for your first post. I liked that you are not afraid to fly far away ! Everything looked really good right up ot the point that you got interference... My guess would be your video TX being to close to the receiver caused your crash. I would try a couple things... Move it and its antenna further away from the Video TX. If there is not enough space to move them apart, try a differnt brand of receiver, some brands tolerate interference much better than others.

For now, if you get interference, or poor control, hold your RC Transmitter straight and high up in the air, with the antenna vertical. This will give the strongest signal to your plane and possibly regain control before it crashes. Pointing the RC transmitter at the plane will give you the weakest signal.

Nice job on the FPV flying for just one month !

JettPilot

Ello everybody ,

As a beginer i suposed i have to made first my presentation:

I am a 36 years, start rc at 18 years, and FPV 1 month.

Initialy one tx10 camera rx/tx a dvd 7" with a cardbox to stop the light.

Know upgrade for Rimax 4.0 googles (buyed from a shop 30 km from my home) and fly next day, i has thinking in the z800 but to mutch time to deliver, a 420 ccd sharp (or LG) from china with a very strong metal box and a 500 mw tx from Active Robots.

Were is my first flight with this new set, the quality is not very good because the compression but in the googles was great and i have to cut part of the flight (originaly 12 minuts).

I fly with Multiplex Tx/rX sintetized and rx is an IPD that is more like PCM, wend we detects interference enter flight safe you will notice that in the movie, if you watch carefuly you see it and in the final off the flight wend i "land" (: the comands blocked 20" high and only libert imediatly before landind but... too late.

After two more flights with some interferences, thes last one was really the last one, i became with the comands blocked and motor running with nose down, well one EASY STAR less the camera lent brocken lipos etc..

I Suposed it was the 500 mw tx that interfear with the rx because wend i fly with 10 mw tx10 no interference what is your opinion.

Sorry for so long post but as i dont know any one were in Portugal in FPV world to share my experience i have to do it with you.

Fly safe, fly FPV

Ola Luis tudo bem?

Nao vou poder escrever muito em portugues, uma vez que o forum eh de lingua inglesa.

Muito bom o teu video. :)

Nice video.

So , now you know you can write me in portuguese, if you want of course.

Yep, I would agree with Jet, I thing if you place your video Tx a little further from the radio Rx, it would help alot.

You did a nice job.

Mantenha contacto.

Edited by wilson

Bon dias Luis ( if it's morning when you read this)

Nice video! It even made me jump when your airplane decided to hug that tree :o

Anyhow that is a Sharp 420 CCD camera you are using right? I have a few of those laying around, I guess I will have to try them out!

Again Luis, nice to see your video!!!!!!!!!

Tell us the complete history, what was the problem with that tree to prompt that kamikaze attack? :lol::lol:

Seriously, sorry for the crash, but at least you have recorded it ;) . I have had two crashes since my fpv start, the first due to a glitch during a slow and low flight, and the second... have you seen my videos? you can easily guess what happened flying so near :P I´d have paid to have it recorded.

When I change anything of my setup, I always do a flying range test, but at high rise over my head. If I had glitch problems, you only need to do a barrel (if the plane doesn´t do it for itself ;) ) to recover the control.

Another "safety" measure is to hold the tx as down as I can. When I have some rc problem, only need to hold it as high and vertical as I can (like Jettpilot said) to recover the control. This way I always have "extra range" to recover from delicated situations :) , and I feel able to go as far as I want without worring too much.

Thank you all for your suport and and information to help me solve my interference problems,

"I fly with Multiplex Tx/rX sintetized and rx is an IPD that is more like PCM, wend we detects interference enter flight safe you will notice that in the movie, if you watch carefuly you see it and in the final off the flight wend i "land" (: the comands blocked 20 feets high and only libert imediatly before landind but... too late."

like a said i think one problem is rx blocked. but that as the efect the cause like you said must be the proximidatly of tx 500mw and rx also i am usind 3 bat one 3s 2100 lipo for engine one 900 ma nimh for rx and one 3s 800 lipo for Tx/camera, every thing in the nose of easy star less regulator 40 a jeti opto inside the fuss +- unther the wing.

About rising the antena thats a realy good idea, i will triyed wend i put that plane in the air again, but i have a biger problem my 500 mw tx doesnt work, i placeded at range video order to 500 mw tx puls 2.9 lent i wope they will be fast delivery but as iam in Portugal i suposed have to wait some wekees, that as the fist sujestion of Vrflyer who help me a lote in my decision and pacience responding to my emails, but i have to fly and have very dificult to wait so long but this time i will wait,

about sharp ccd 420 i like it, is cheap, with a very strong metal box and with a goog image and color that i have all ready compared with sony.

right kwow i am going to fly my Acromaster made some 3d flying as i start fpv i stop flying with my other planes.

PS : any sujestion were i put tx and rx in easystar ?

Another video, this one my with my first setup TX10 380 lines cmos camera 10 mw tx, the quality is not very good and have interfernces in image heven near me, any sugestions to solve that wantil i receive range video tx?

Another video, this one my with my first setup TX10 380 lines cmos camera 10 mw tx, the quality is not very good and have interfernces in image heven near me, any sugestions to solve that wantil i receive range video tx?

Are you flying with goggles ?

twinturbostang

I am using a camera identical to rc-tech:

http://www.rc-tech.ch/web/index.php?page=s...emid=26〈=fr

thats a 380 lines cmos, and the lent are very bad because is focuded in the medle but around is out of focus, i all ready have another new one to try it with better optics.

wilson

I take off visual made one or two turns visual and than passes to googles also landing has made with googles, wend i made a slow pass the engine refuses to start again and i have to land, motor and regulator are not very compatibly.

wend i made a slow pass the engine refuses to start again and  i have to land, motor and regulator are not very compatibly.

What's your setup, I mean motor and speed controller?

It's strange and kind scary too being without motor at low rpms!!! :huh:

Edited by wilson

My engine is a 450TH just engines speed control Jeti 40 A opto 900. Its skary be without engine but i have no smaller one, this one puts easy star at 45º up nose. But i have to by another one.

My engine is a 450TH just engines speed control Jeti 40 A opto 900. Its skary be without engine but i have no smaller one, this one puts easy star at 45º up nose. But i have to by another one.

Here they have great price on motors, i have been using them, and no problem at all !!! B)

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES...sp?idAffiliate=

Let me know what you think about the site ;)

Take care

Wilson,

Do you belive in telepatie? because i have placed and order 3 hours ago, my shoice was HXT20-20L hacker Style Brushless Outrunner 20-20L , i suposed that an inrunner for easy star it will be a good choice, but this one can work in an extra 300 i also have.

I have two questions, i buy today an lent 6mm of focus i know that most off you are yousing less mm of focus but as i will buy headtrack from aeropix i think could be an option what yours opinion? , second do you guys know if there is any problem with aeropix paypal? as i can not place an order, i am trying it from yesterday and no luck.

about that united hobbies this will be my fist order from tham because i have one friend that done it from me, i made this one triyng to see if there is any problem with my paypal account, and no problem at all, U.H. have good products servos engines lipos, good products and mutch less expensive.