vonkal

Switching Regulator for power supply?

I just bought the Airwave 612 TX and need to find a good power supply design that incorporates the DE-SWADJ Switching Regulator by DimentionEngineering. I have built a few power supplies using V-regs, but as the power supply will be mounted in an enclosed area, the heat is too much.

I can mount the power supply a considerable distance from the radio gear, as I have read about interference and noise problems.

I would try to design my own, but I can hardly handle building from someone else’s design let alone figure out a decent design that wont start a fire. :unsure:

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I can mount the power supply a considerable distance from the radio gear, as I have read about interference and noise problems.

To help minimize EMI/RFI problems, the switcher should have short leads to the load and battery supply.

I would try to design my own, but I can hardly handle building from someone else’s design let alone figure out a decent design that wont start a fire.

The DE-SWADJ is essentially a ready to use switcher Vreg. So, there is really nothing to build. However, you may need to experiment with external filtering if you see lines in the video (due to supply ripple). Start with their recommended suggestions and go from there.