Sign in to follow this  
elan22

problem with nav-lights

Hi,

I built the nav lights circuit.

When I switch it on the status led and the strobe led and the landing lights all flash together at a very fast rate. I checked the wiring and I don't think the problem is there.

Any ideas on what to check? maybe I'm not programing the PIC right? I'm using a k149 programmer with micropro to program the pic.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

That means the PPM (servo) signal is missing or is corrupt when power was applied to NavLights. It will go away when the R/C signal is valid.

If you have confirmed that the R/C signal is valid, and the problem persists, then your PIC has a clobbered OSCAL value. Do not allow the programmer to change the OSCAL byte.

I retested the setup with my rx and tx both on before applying power to the circuit and still got the same results which I guess leaves me with the programming.

Thing is I'm not sure where I could go wrong, it's all pretty straight forward.

When attempting to program the software asks me wether to change to OSCAL format and I say no and then it writes the file to the PIC.

I'm using micropro with a K149 programmer, I ideas on what else to look at?

Thanks.

You could try this. Read the OSCAL value of the blank PIC. Then load and program with the hex file, but with the Protect Fuse disabled. Then read the OSCAL value and compare it to the blank PIC value. If it does not match, the OSCAL byte has been clobbered.

BTW, is your PIC's operating voltage within spec? Are you sure the PPM servo signal is getting to the PIC? Lastly, it might be helpful if you posted clear close up photos of your board and the installation. Perhaps include some details to your R/C system.