sergio00

Z800 Triple WorldWide price since TODAy

Seems that emagin, creative of the glasses z800, has joins a new strategy of marketing: Increase the price of Z800 google 3 times more!!

From 549$ to 1100-1500$

The same technology that maintein the same price during a year, suddenly increase the price 3 times more in 1 day!!

Is amazing! We must tell it to Bill Gates: The technology of emagin overcomes already the laws of the wine!!! With more years , more expensive !!

I send a mail to all emagin corporation asking about this "brillant" marketing Idea..

The emaginĀ“s sales strategist said: If you have a succesfull product, so, increase the price of it..

Birds of low flight...

Edited by sergio00

Hey Sergio!

Is it April Fools day in your time zone or is this for real? :o

If I understood your write-up, the z800 just went up in price? Well that's great if you already own 1, 2 or even 3 of those hot units. So you can resell it at a gain.... just like a good stock on the financial market! ;)

Well I'll keep an eye on this since I would love to own one in the future unless something better comes into the market... that I can afford. :unsure:

Edited by JMS

:blink:

Well, let's start to boycott...

I'm pretty sure that most of the sales they've recently had and don't know where they come from is from our community... but at this price they surely will sell fewer of them. If we league, they might go back ;)

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_category.asp have it as $995

:blink:

Well, let's start to boycott...

I'm pretty sure that most of the sales they've recently had and don't know where they come from is from our community... but at this price they surely will sell fewer of them. If we league, they might go back ;)

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_category.asp have it as $995

Oooooooooo THEy are reallly,, MAD!!!!

JUST YESTERDAY THE Z800 PRICE WAS 1295,00$ ( official site )AND TODAY, THEN THaT I SEND SEVERAL EMAIL COMPLAINING, THEY LOW THE COST -300$ (995$)

They think that we are idiots :blink:

Boycott !!! I am agrree

And if you have time,, send seveals emails them complainning about that.!!

RE:

Yes,,, fews stores have the old price,,,, until now

Edited by sergio00

Actually the price is $1499.00 USD ( https://e-store.emagin.com/miva/merchant.mvc ) This is crazy and suicidal on their part.

Well if you check their 52 week high & low on the AMEX stock exchange ( $22.40-$0.84...now @ $0.87/share). They are taking a beating.

No wonder they are raising the price! :lol:

Edited by JMS

is it just me or is this site a PITA to purchase from? what's this FCA stuff??

I did not understand what you meant.

PITA ?!!

pita = pain in the a$$ :)

when i try to checkout, enter my addy, click continue, it says "All product ships basis FCA (Tekgear). If you would like to use your own UPS account number, please enter it below. Also select the service you wish to receive." not sure what that all means, andthere is no place to put more info in below as it says. :unsure:

Edited by 4mla1fn

I was thinking about buying some Z800's in the future by selling my Sony PLM-700's, I guess that idea has gone right out the window now.

Emagin can go take a running jump, I'll just have to wait for another company to come up with something cheaper and better.

They probably won't make more money, just sell less units.

if you still want one for $549 you can get it at the site wilson suggested above; that site is working now. i just placed an order. hope i don't get an "oops we had the wrong price on the website" message tomorrow

PERHAPS, the reason why eMAGIN increased the price would be this:

http://ir.emagin.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96135...1792&highlight=

I think that "Dr. K.C. Park" has another way to see the bussines or simply need more $$$ than the previous CEO "Gary Jones".

With this price, we will see soon another alternative builder with better price and similar or the same quality becouse eMagin sales his displays OLED to the OEM market.

Edited by sergio00

Or we can simply leave for China to copy it, build it and then sell it cheaper.

We hope :)

sergio00's probably right. they're getting out of the end-user biz. have a look at their stock price. from a high of $234 6 years ago to $0.87 today. some analysis here. seems like some major computer or ipod peripheral maker could snap them up for "cheap"; they sound like they'd be receptive to acquisition.

LOL:

However, these visors are reserved for the serious gamer willing to spend $549 to enhance their gaming experience. I'm sure every kid in America would love to play Grand Theft Auto on a Z800, but what parent is going to shell out $549 when the Playstation 3 ($599 or $499) and Nintendo Wii ($250) gaming systems are coming out in time for the holiday season?

That sure will be better at $1400 indeed ;)

Hello everyone, I just bought my Z800 2 months ago, but I agreed with the boycott. ;)

BTW, if someone still wants to buy it for the old price of $549.00, here is one link, just few units available.

http://www.tekgear.com/index.cfm?pageID=90...3&nodelist=1,83

B)

Thanks for the info. The Z800 seem BY FAR to be the best goggles for FPV. I was going to wait until I saved some money to buy them, but given the situation, I placed my order for the Z800 before they are gone at that price. :D

JettPilot

Thanks for the info. The Z800 seem BY FAR to be the best goggles for FPV. I was going to wait until I saved some money to buy them, but given the situation, I placed my order for the Z800 before they are gone at that price. :D

JettPilot

Lucky you !!! :)

Hey, I remember that you asked me the detail for the visor that i made for my Z800, sorry, I thought I had lost it last flight, but I just found it today, so I will take some pics and post them, maybe tonight or tomorrow. B)

It might be a marketing game for the Z800. It goes up for while, and then they do like a big drop on the price to wipe they shelves off, and then lunch the Z1300 in the market. Who knows ?!!!

By the way Tekgear still have 25 Z800 available.

http://www.tekgear.com/index.cfm?pageID=90...on=viewproducts

Just making clear I have no links. or any type of contacts with TekGear or any of others distruibitors.

It might be a marketing game for the Z800.

i was having second thoughts about my order this weekend. like many of you, i thought they might be playing games with us. i envisioned a $400 version that accepted video and didn't have the useless tracker.

so i called tekgear this morning to cancel. guy i talked with was very cool. he said the z800s were flying off the shelves this weekend. he said that emagin is leaving the consumer market to focus on industrial/military apps. to his knowledge, there were no games being played. i lamented the lack of a video in given the popularity of the ipod and our fpv niche of which he seemed aware. he agreed and my reading between the lines (so i could be very wrong) is that there might be some kind of remedy in the future. bottom line: my z800 is in the mail.

btw wilson, thanks a ton for the link to tekgear. my google (goggle :) ) searches didn't turn up anyone who hadn't bumped their price and i was bumming big time.

Just making clear I have no links. or any type of contacts with TekGear or any of others distruibitors.

me too. :)

Edited by 4mla1fn