Sign in to follow this  
JMS

My HITEC SERVO HAS THE SHAKES!

My HITEC HS81 for paning has the shakes! No it's not going through any kind of withdraws from some kind of illegal substance. Anyhow I'm use it for turning my camera left to right and it shakes when I pan slowly.

My set up is :

TX Futaba 9CAP

RX Futaba R148DF - 8-Channel FM Micro

Castle Creation Peagasus 35p Brushed controller

11.1v 2200mah li-po

10W Step down adjustable switching regulator (Dimension Engineering)

TrackR1 head tracker

A/V TX 2.4Ghz 500mw Range Video ( located 7" or 17.5cm away from radio RX )

Camera 12V Sony ExView

Do I suffer from some kind of signal interference? Or perhaps the servo's pot maybe on it's way out? Too much load on one battery? Or all of the above? <_<

Thanks in advance!!!

My HITEC HS81 for paning has the shakes! No it's not going through any kind of withdraws from some kind of illegal substance. Anyhow I'm use it for turning my camera left to right and it shakes when I pan slowly.

Well, sunday I was using a HS-56 for Paning and I had the smae problem, I did not have a chance to troubleshoot it yet.

I don't know if the servo strecher was cause the problem or RF. <_<

I have been spending the last two days, replacing my computer MOBO, after a electrical surge fried the old one, now windows was giving a NTLDR error :angry: .

I finally got it fixed, tomorrow I will check the servoi again, If I find anything wrong , I will be sharing it. :)

Do you have a sample video?

Things that come to mind... RF interference, RC transmitter setup issues, or maybe you're just seeing the step size of the servo.

Ok Twinturbostang and anyone who wishes to see my problem here....

Got the video made regarding my shaky panning servo. Please excuses the dark grainy picture because of my substandard recorder!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LKLSRZ8N

Wilson: Hey good point about the servo stretcher! I never thought of that! The shaky servo just happens to be connected to a servo stretcher I bought @ Servo City. If it is the problem.... well I will have to dissect and modify it the Twinturbostang method or buy a JR servo!!!

I will try unhooking it tomorrow and try the test again! ;)

Edited by JMS

You may wish to check for sources of caffeine near by... If you dont find any.. just go with it... "get down and boogey" as they say :P

Probably your servo extender. Try connecting it directly, i see this alot in the shop @ work.

As I mentioned on rcgroups, for the same post, the first thing to do is plug in a different servo on the 'shaking' channel, ideally directly out of the receiver, to rule out the servo and stretcher as the source of the problem.

Another question... is, by any chance, the Pan servo on Channel 1?

As I mentioned on rcgroups, for the same post, the first thing to do is plug in a different servo on the 'shaking' channel, ideally directly out of the receiver, to rule out the servo and stretcher as the source of the problem.

Another question... is, by any chance, the Pan servo on Channel 1?

Well I will do as you recommend Anthony by plugging a good servo tonight that doesn't shake. ( I still will buy a couple of differnt brands this weekend as spares/replacement etc.) And no the pan servo is not on channel 1, but on channel 7. Why is that? Is there something differnt on CH 1? :huh:

Like I said few threads before, I was going to check my shaky HS-56 servo.

Found the problem, a striped gear. <_<

Installed new hs55, shaky too !!!

Bad potenciometer :angry:

Well at least I've learned something about shaky servos. B)

Edited by wilson

Hey guys!

I tried a Futaba servo on the same channel and presto!!! It's fixed!

Wilson, I wished I read that thread.. would of saved me some time and inconveniencing the others. Anyhow I'm going put on my doctors' mask and bring out the scalpers and dissect!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!!

John! :)

Hey guys!

I tried a Futaba servo on the same channel and presto!!! It's fixed!

Wilson, I wished I read that thread.. would of saved me some time and inconveniencing the others. Anyhow I'm going put on my doctors' mask and bring out the scalpers and dissect!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!!

John! :)

Well, I just can say.

The more we deal with issues, the better we become !!! ;)

Edited by wilson