Isaac F

Camera movement follow headset from Vrflyer

Hello guys, this is my first post and I got interested in this because I saw this nice

Vrflyer Video that shows the camera movement follow headset.

I have been in RC from more than 20 years flying helis and airplanes.

Is there is a available unit on the market at a reasonable price that I can get and mount it on a airplane similar to the one on the Vrflyer Video?

I know some electronics but I prefer something that is ARF :D

BTW, I live in Panama Central America and we dont have any FCC regulations, about freq used, etc

THX,

Isaac

The goggles and head sensing gear that he used are "off the shelf." Not low cost mind you, but essentially ready to use. Just search the forum for all the details to VRflyer. Or, contact the vendors mentioned in his video credits.

I use two gyro, one come from rc-tech.ch($450) and the other from Aeropix.ch($150). two gyro are near identical, only size is differents and few thing in the programmable parameter. you will need Futaba T9C radio.

VRflyer

one come from rc-tech.ch($450)

I actually see CHF 450, so about $350 ;)

I actually see CHF 450, so about $350 ;)

Oh sorry André, I did not know the exact price, $350 sound better.

I use two gyro, one come from rc-tech.ch($450) and the other from Aeropix.ch($150). two gyro are near identical, only size is differents and few thing in the programmable parameter. you will need Futaba T9C radio.

VRflyer

Just curious? Why you need 2 gyros? I was reading on the web page you mentioned above and each one is a head traker.............. So why you use 2 gyros? :unsure:

THX,

Isaac

Edited by Isaac F

Not without designing some specialized electronics to do the necessary operations on the signal to make it usable. And in the end you might get some weird response, it seems that some R/C gyros don't have a linear response but tend to do some overcompensation / overshoot on movment transitions. Can't tell for this one, but that's what I've noticed on a Futaba heli model. When you center the stick it doesn't only stop its servo order, but gives a "kick" on the other way to stop the heli's movement more firmly. That would sure feel weird.

Not without designing some specialized electronics to do the necessary operations on the signal to make it usable. And in the end you might get some weird response, it seems that some R/C gyros don't have a linear response but tend to do some overcompensation / overshoot on movment transitions. Can't tell for this one, but that's what I've noticed on a Futaba heli model. When you center the stick it doesn't only stop its servo order, but gives a "kick" on the other way to stop the heli's movement more firmly. That would sure feel weird.

Hello Kilrah, I just edited my post about using a regular 2 axis gyro like a Futaba GYA352 since there is one that do the head traker trick available on the market.

Thank you for your explication.

Isaac

Edited by Isaac F