Isaac F

Using a Pilot Chair with a big TV to fly a Plane

Check this idea: To make a Pilot chair with 3 big plasma TV. One on front and the other 2 at the side and put 3 cameras on a airplane for each TV and fly it with the pilot controls at the chair.

gp1med.jpg

Isaac

Edited by Isaac F

Sweet idea huh? But I wonder how long we will have to work to obtain one of these ultimate set up? :huh:

Check this out. Here is a guy that made one for learning to hover.

Also, he sells de plans to build one and how to conect it to a TX.

http://www.heli-chair.com

The aditional things will be adding the TV monitors in order to real fill we are inside the cokpit

Isaac

I have seen that before, very cool !!!

I was thinking about use it for FPV, but than with all the others stuff that I already have to bring with me to the field plus the chair and monitors, I will need a eighteen wheeler truck !!! :blink:

I bet I could call the local TV attention with all my stuff and the chair at the park. :D

Edited by wilson

Ahhh yes! I know what you mean. Tri-pod, AV-RX, omni direction and or patch antenna, case, video goggles and perhaps a folding chair, plane, radio TX, batteries, charger etc.. Yeah you would need a BIG truck to carry all the stuff! You would get a bit of attention from everyone if you had to carry all that stuff plus a heli-chair to do FPV. Fun to think about it having all the comforts and experiencing FPV this way though! :lol:

post-6-1170310812_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMS

I've seen it too... the site hasn't changed a single bit for years though :lol:

Here is a inexpensive one.

HeliChair.jpg

Edited by Isaac F

Hey Issac.

You've found some really unique chairs on the net! There sure a lot of creative minds out there! :)

Very interesting. I will make one for sure, it's the best for FPV, not this year, but in the near future. It's possible to add acceloremeter in the planes and tranmit the movement to control the chair movement, but the chair when complted will certainly need a truck to be move...

JMS: I don't have any planes where I can install one of two cameras you send me kindly, I kept them in reserve for future project, thanks again.

but the chair when complted will certainly need a truck to be move...

Indeed... On my side I don't think the little added fun of flying your plane with a stick and rudder pedals would be worth the hassle transporting that thing that takes the same room as 5 other planes :lol:

And if I'm sitting with a stick I'd expect the feeling of being inside too... I'll keep my FPV setup simple and go fly full-size for that ;)

You know I think Issac got me thinking of future planes for my trucks. I could mount a flight chair unit on the back of my 4X4 truck and a china top, I could easily suspend my plane inside. The china top has a series of tubular frames, covered up by soft plastic that can roll up. Kind of like a military troop carrying truck. With the sides down, it will provide enough darkness for me to use my goggles effectively! ;)

post-6-1170645662_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMS

Hey VRFlyer... no problem about the cameras. It's yours to keep and yours to use when the timing is right. :) I still feel bad for you about your little baby (Easystar) :(

post-6-1170646047_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMS

hahaha, don`t feel bad for my Easystar, each time I think about it, I laugh.

I came back to search for my camera the same day. Imagine the picture: seing one guys in the middle of the park with one foot of snow everywhere, the guys use a rake and move the snow. Hey man are you crazy? leaf are gone since long time... This hobby always make me appear ridiculous :)

Whoa... this is extreme.

(

) Yup it will be arriving at your nearest arcade soon!

With all joking aside, I have to compliment this guy for the work involved to make his FPV a real flying experience but it needs TrackR1 or Gyrocontrol to add the strawberry on top of the whip cream! ;)

Here's another just for laughs... watch it to the end!

:lol: Edited by JMS

Yeah, especially if that was more than 10 years ago. He didn't have the gear we have today...

but it needs TrackR1 or Gyrocontrol to add the strawberry on top of the whip cream! ;)

So instead of use a TrackR1 could it be posible to use a 5 TV monitors with 5 cameras that are installed viewing a specific angle so when you are flying its look like you are seen thru the airplanes windows?

I know maybe this is overkill but just a nice idea B)

Isaac

post-6-1171292038_thumb.jpg

Edited by Isaac F

How about adding a few more of them? :P

flight_simulator_13.jpg

Edited by Kilrah