Sign in to follow this  
oxxyfx

Cameras from Supercircuits.com - be aware

Hello,

I thought I worn people about this... I ordered 2 board cameras from supercircuits.com. I am canadian, and I was supprised to see that there are only 2 shipping options: UPS worldwide expedited - for 60 US and UPS wordwide Express for 65 US.

Originally I wanted to buy 1 camera, but thinking about these high shipping costs, I said I better make it worth for the money.

My supprise came once it has been shipped - it was shipped with UPS Ground - standard service... 7-8 days delivery... I thought I am missing something and I called them up - just to find outt that they are correct and I am wrong - the UPS ground from texas to Toronto for a half a pound package is 65 US, and it is not even express....

Anyway, I payed the price of these, I hope these arrive in one piece, and I will make lots and lots of FPV's with them...

the UPS ground from texas to Toronto for a half a pound package is 65 US, and it is not even express....

The UPS ground quote you got must have included the expensive UPS import brokerage fee (~40 CDN) that is applicable only to ground shipments (not air). But from I have been told, this fee is collected on the receiving end at the time of delivery. If this is indeed a ground delivery, I hope you don't have to pay the brokerage fee on top of the $65 you already paid to Supercircuits. In addition, there is often duties and customs expense (a government fee) that is computed & collected during delivery.

BTW, shipping to Canada, via UPS, is sometimes lower cost if you request the expedited (not express) air service. The ground delivery brokerage fee is a killer.