Isaac F

Any one have try the Booster Vision?

As a general point, RC Cams aren't an exact science, we all have to experiment which, yes, can involve buying things & finding they aren't so good!

The item you point out seems to have an interesting receiver aerial - might be good - but probably a CMOS camera at this price so the image might not be so hot.

Im guessing the TX power is on the low side as they use a small 9v battery for it.

Terry

I saw the refferals to my image in this thread so I thought I would post.

The unit is the highest power allowed by law to use without a license, and is FCC certified.

It does use a CMOS camera, and the antenna works great for good range on R/C aircraft in your local flying field.

here is an example video of this camera on a glider

http://www.boostervision.com/gg/ggcuda.wmv

more videos of the GearCam can be found here.

http://www.boostervision.com/boostervision/video.asp

Sorry for the commercial post, but wanted to respond

Art Upton

K8XG,Inc.

BoosterVision.com

According to my experience cams with built in transmitters work poor and especially with low power 9V battery. They range is short and the quality of image leaves much to be desired.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with poor performance.

Your experience must be with the illegal 1.2ghz camera cubes commonly sold on ebay and security sites. Common to these are the tuning knob.

Our Mini GearCam is an FCC certified 2.4ghz PLL tuned device, operating at the highest power allowed to use without a ham license. It uses a PLL tuned receiver that we attach to a hi-gain antenna to get good range results.

If you check our videos at the site in the posts above, you will see our products perform well in range.

http://www.boostervision.com/boostervision/video.asp

Starting at the third one down, note the videos for the Mini GearCam

Our Mini GearCam has been tracked with F5 video to 5600 feet straight up on a rocket with a hi-gain antenna. It has been received at 14,000 feet intermittently on the same antenna. A balloonist received it at 25,000 with a 30db antenna.

It works great on a 1200x800 foot RC flying field with the radome antenna pointed at the aerobatic box on a tripod at a 45 degree angle. Yes the camera is a CMOS and not meant for producing photos for real estate like a CCD, but is meant for producing cool point of view video for hobbyists for a value price.

Also note the videos are in compressed wmv format to present on the web, and the original videos look great on VHS and DVD.

Art Upton

K8XG,Inc.

BoosterVision.com

Hi Art, what you have there is a good system for anyone who is just starting out in wireless or want to see what their plane sees when flying at normal club distance. The other point is that it is legal but most people don't seem to care !

The moment you say you can a wireless camera on your plane everyone askes how far can it go. People don't like dropouts or pointing aerials so more power is often the answer.

The other thing is this forum tends to have a high number of more experianced wireless uses that have moved on from more simple set ups.

Terry

Hello Art,

I have to give several comments to my post above.

The wireless cam I have already tryed wasn't yours and moreover your brand isn't available in Russia. It was intended for security purposes and had 2.4GHz transmitter inside. So, I faced with the following problems:

- the range was too short due to weak and poor quality of output RF signal instead of declared in its manuals.

- the picture on a TV screen was time to time quite striped and unstable due to an interference inside the unit case and hard thermal conditions there.

- conventional 9V battery doesn't provide enough working period and it's not serious for FPV aircraft.

Dear Art, probably you have managed to solve two points out of the above but the third one is obviouse.

P.S. Any territory has a specific RF regulation but I'm bothering by reliability and matter of quality firstly. :rolleyes:

Alex.

Edited by Alex K

Hi Alex, Very good points of yours.

Our camera has a high reliability rate however, compared to some clone cams.

Our camera will stay powered on for 2-4 hours with a Duracell battery and up to 2 hours with an Energizer.

Like Terry posted, our Mini GearCam is designed for a low budget starting out but good working cam.

Terry points out others go for higher power but don’t seem to care about the licenses. I have to, to keep from getting fined ;)

We also sell CCD cameras and Hi-power 2.4ghz transmitters, but unlike some other USA sellers of non-FCC type accepted goods, we will only sell them for Ham use. It is not legal for a non-type accepted certified transmitter to be sold, offered for sale, or used in the USA unless for Ham, Government, or University use for experiments.

One look at the FCC violation webpage will show some surprising figures of notices of violation they served to some web resellers of transmitters you might even be familiar with.

I'm sorry I "swooped in" and started posting here, but noticed the images in the first post being pulled from my website so I thought I would see what was up.

And like I get into defending my stuff for the intention it was designed for. To be able to sell a product legally that people can use to get a very good value point of view video experience from.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread

Art Upton

K8XG,Inc.

BoosterVision.com