Hello everyone,

Please can you give me some advise on the best way to tilt my camera for aeirial photography. At the moment i am useing a standard servo but its travel is limited as i have geared it down to keep it slow and to fit it in. Can i modify the servo to extend its travel? Or is there a better plan.

Cheers Kimberley Attwell

You can extend the servo rotation a few more degrees by padding the feedback pot with resistors. On the two outside legs of the pot, put 1K 1/8W resistors in series with the wires.

If necessary, you can play with the resistor values. The trick is to ensure that you do not allow the servo rotation to go too far or the servo can be damaged. Do not allow the servo to hit an end stop and stall.

With additional gearing in place, I suspect that maximizing the servo travel to the limits of it's stops will still not be enough. If you are open to some significant surgery, you can modify the servo for continuous rotation, then move the feedback pot to the final stage of your gear, thereby giving direct feedback to the position of the camera/platform.

A good example of what this looks like can be seen here:

http://www.servocity.com/ServoCity/Product..._gearboxes.html

Regards,

Bill

Hi there,

Thank you for the advice i am going to give it a go and do a bit of surgery hay.

Thanks guys cheers kimberley attwell

Hello,

I'm just finishing a module which connects between the receiver output and a servo. Without any hardware modifications it can move a servo up to its mechanical limits, which can be stored. The movement is like RC-Cam's PanCam, withe the speed of the servo proportional to the position of the TX stick.

If you're interseted and can do some electronics, I could give you the details when I've finished the final design.

Regards,

Kilrah

Hi Kilrah,

Thank you for the reply i would be glad to give it a try, so it would be really nice if you can give me the details when you are finished and have the time.

Thank you every one for all the feed back it is so good to have acsess to all this information and help. Good on you Mr RC Cam.

Have a greate xmass and keep safe, Cheers Kimberley Attwell