Argh, the mighty forum bug again.

Here you are.

I forgot to add, most recent distribution codecs (WMV and other MPEG-4 based) give better results at a given bitrate if the resolution is higher.

Edited by Kilrah

Am I too cynical, but Thomas is that really a CCD webcam? I've not come across one, anywhere before - I've only seen CMOS webcams.

CMOS sensors are in my experience tremendously robust in bright sunlight, with none of the 'flooding' effects of high contrast. I recall in-flight videos I made using some CMOS cameras I used to fly in 2002 that have the sun in shot - it appears (for some reason) as a black circle.

So yes, CMOS is better at ultra-high contrast than CCD, but we prefer CCD because it is warmer with better tonal differentiation (and sensitivity, but that's not a problem unless we're flying at night).

Having said that, CMOS has probably improved since I last tried it...

(Oops! Showing my age! A quick google reassures me that CCD webcams are pretty common these days :( ... apologies...)

hehe Doofer, I have no idea about what kind of tech stuff is inside the sensor chip of that webcam, and it is several years old !

but when compared to the KX131 it is better on all parameters,

except for size and current usage.

The only problem I have now is my switchmode powersupply is not big enough

to supply the 150mA extra.. darn, but ok a 1A switcher is too small for all the stuff I have anyway, TX, cam, gps, osd

Edited by ThomasScherrer

I look forward to some comparison videos. Can you post them initially _without_ saying which camera is which? I'd enjoy comparing the two without being put off by knowing the specifications.

YES exactly, Drink A, and Drink B, what taste best ?

otherwise it is worth nothing.

Edited by ThomasScherrer