Sign in to follow this  
Terry

WMV problem

When rendering a video to wmv it gets mixed up and ends up with the first half of the video twice and looses the last half. The audio is normal, has anyone had any problems like this ?

Terry

I've never heard of this problem before.

What kind of software do you use?

:blink:

Pinnacal studio 8, I think I will have to get something else, any recomendations ?

Terry

The Movie Maker (usually) gives good results. Give it a try!

It's included in Windows XP, so you might have it on your computer already :blink:

Yes I have it, since you guys reccomend it I will give it a try ;)

Terry

Now I have a problem with Movie Maker :(

I fails at the end of producing the movie with an error surgesting one of the following faults but I have checked them all.

Movie file exceeds the FAT32 4-gigabyte size limit. Explains what you can do if your movie file cannot be created because it exceeds the 4 GB file size limit supported by the FAT32 file system.

Not enough disk available free disk space. Explains what you can do if there is not enough disk space available to save your movie.

Movie file saving destination does not exist. Explains what to do when a movie cannot be saved successfully because the saving destination is no longer available.

Source files for movie not found. Explains what to do when a movie cannot be saved because one or more of the original source files cannot be found.

Anyone had this problem ?

Terry

Sounds like you have the old FAT32 system on your hard drive (HDD). You should use the modern NTFS if possible.

Do you have a spare HDD, or one you could format to NTFS? Remember if you choose to format the HDD all data will be lost. Therefore you should install a disc number 2 if possible.

The last option is to make shorter videos (smaller than 4 Gb).

Good luck B)

I am running NTFS and have 87.7gb free, the video plays fine in MM but it still flags this fault.

Terry

Yes, I capture and render all video's on a separate drive but both drives are NTFS. It's only the the video from my aircraft that is causing the problem, other video's are converting fine. I dont understand why as it plays ok before I try to convert it. The problem is that the file is too big to put to a website until I can convert it, it's very frustrating, I'm starting to wish I had stayed with still shots :(

Terry

Is the input in DV format? Did you capture it with another program? I know that Movie Maker sometimes messes up with some input files, like only seeing the first 30 secs or so...

Edited by Kilrah

Yes it was captured with Pinnical, maybe I try tomorrow, thanks.

Terry

If you prefer your current software's features, try exporting your video to DV and encoding it to WMV with windows media encoder (Microsoft's free encoder tool).

A download link and some hints here: http://www.flightlevel350.com/wmv_tutorial.php

Kilrah cued me in to this technique and it works really well. This is how I make all of my videos now.

Thanks Guys, I have got round the problem. It seems to have been a problem with the clips I was using. I remade the movie adjusting the clips and it seems happy now. The bonus is I now have a choice of 3 programs to use :)

Terry

Maybe a fragmented hard disk is causing you those kind of problems. Try to make a complete defrag and see.

Also try to install a new codec pack, I use k-lite codec pack is free and can manage almost any codec.

EDITED Made a mistake on where to put this post, it should be in your "damaged MPEG" topic.

Edited by Wavess