Sign in to follow this  
oxxyfx

Ham radio license in Canada

Hello,

1. If I put a 500mW transmitter in the plane (Active Robots 612 RF), do I need a HAM basic license to use it in Canada?

2. Does the Aeropix gyrosensor works with a futaba 7CH transmitter? I only saw references to 9CAP or 9CH, the 7CH is technically the same but only with 7 channels, out of which I would use only about 4-5 for the plane. That still leaves me with 2 channels available for the gyrosensor.

thanks,

Oxy.

Hello,

1. If I put a 500mW transmitter in the plane (Active Robots 612 RF), do I need a HAM basic license to use it in Canada?

2. Does the Aeropix gyrosensor works with a futaba 7CH transmitter? I only saw references to 9CAP or 9CH, the 7CH is technically the same but only with 7 channels, out of which I would use only about 4-5 for the plane. That still leaves me with 2 channels available for the gyrosensor.

thanks,

Oxy.

Yes you need HAM license in Canada when use more than 10mW. It`s easy to get, only passing one test, and it`s not expensive. I don`t remember the link to the website for more info?

T9C radio allow to asign any of the channel to the buddybox, most of radio can only asign 4 first channel (like JR radio), it`s like if you give the control of only 2 channel to the student when you plug Gyro on the buddyport, you remain in control of the 4 standard channel.

Thank you. The 7CAP and 7CH from Futaba allows you to assign any of the 7 channels to the buddy box. This is a newer radio based I guess on the 9CAP version.

Please check out the plane I am building for VR flying:

Northstar Construction

Thanks for your help.

Thank you. The 7CAP and 7CH from Futaba allows you to assign any of the 7 channels to the buddy box. This is a newer radio based I guess on the 9CAP version.

Please check out the plane I am building for VR flying:

Northstar Construction

Thanks for your help.

This is a nice planes, I see it a couple of time at my club.

Good news about your 7channel radio, Futaba is the best choice, `the gyro will be plug & play.

Hello,

thanks,

Oxy.

Yes, I have a 7CAP/H Futaba, and it works exactly like the 9ch futuba, the difference is on the price !!!