Sign in to follow this  
Mr.RC-Cam

Futaba FASST 2.4Ghz Spread Spectrum R/C

I noticed that Futaba's new 2.4Ghz FASST R/C system is only available in the USA as a 3-channel car version. However, in Europe they market a park flyer 6-channel system. Is the delay into the USA somehow related to a Spektrum DX6/DX7 patent or is the USA distributor (Great Planes?) just slow to introduce it? Rumor is that it will be in the USA in March, so I suspect it is just the latter. Anyone have the scoop?

Here is the Futaba FASST 6-Ch R/C: Click Me!

They're already on the website, but not available yet, and that will sure last for some time. Maybe the USA dealer simply waits until he actually can put his hands on one before saying too much...

See FCC ID AZPTMSS1-24G issued on 31 January 2007.

FCC approval only a week old! I suspect that they were waiting for that. Thanks for the FCC ID. I hate the exclusion for confidentiality -- it's no longer possible to see the interesting technical details. I did notice that the Tx RF power is about 65mW.

I noticed that Futaba's new 2.4Ghz FASST R/C system is only available in the USA as a 3-channel car version. However, in Europe they market a park flyer 6-channel system. Is the delay into the USA somehow related to a Spektrum DX6/DX7 patent or is the USA distributor (Great Planes?) just slow to introduce it? Rumor is that it will be in the USA in March, so I suspect it is just the latter. Anyone have the scoop?

Here is the Futaba FASST 6-Ch R/C: Click Me!

Here it is:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...p?&I=LXPZT8&P=0

6 channel basic radio but seems like futaba bets for 2.4 ghz too :angry:

Mmh, how weird. After seeing they mentioned full range I checked Robbe's website again: http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.storefr.../View/1&2DF4068

2 weeks ago they were advertising it for parkflyer only, now they've changed to "all categories" and mention a 900m range...

Bet they've done a bit more testing meanwhile :unsure:

900m would be no better than what we use now. What about xtremelink? Seems to be the last hope for something better...