Sign in to follow this  
Mark Harris

Emagin SDK under Vista

Has anyone else been unable to get the EMagin SDK running under vista? i've almost completely re-written this thing and it still wont work.

I keep getting " is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)" on the managed samples when attempting to Application.Run the form.

WOW, your keen running Vista already, I,m going to wait a year or two until they sort out the bugs. ;)

Good luck.

Terry

Edited by Terry

Don't you need newer versions of the development tools under Vista?

I won't wait 2 years, but a few months until all my usual utilities have compatible versions ;)

No, you can still develop applications under vista - you need SP1 for VS2005 and when they get round it releasing it, the compatability patch. You also need to run VS2005 with administrator privs.

I've been using Vista for about 2.5 months now.

Turns out that the emagin SDK wont execute under Debug/Any CPU configuration, you need to add a new profile for x64 or x86. It runs fine under either of those. This may be something specific to the 64 bit edition of Vista/VSTS though.

I just don't like wasting time. If it's not broke don't fix it thats me :)

When all you guys have sorted out the problems I will switch if it's really that much bettr than XP, if it eats PC resorces for little benifit then I won't bother.

Upgrades always seem more trouble that they are worth to me, I run my CNC mill on Win 3.11 ;)

Terry

My tablet PC I recently got applies for the free upgrade to Vista, I have ordered it. Might try it on there again once I get it, there's nothing important on it anyway and the little added speed on easy tasks will be welcome.

I installed RC2 and the final one on my main PC for a try, but I still lack drivers for some of my peripherals like my multifunction printer, and mostly the very important USB video capture interface ;)

So that went to the trash for now, will consider it again once it has settled :)

I just don't like wasting time. If it's not broke don't fix it thats me :)

When all you guys have sorted out the problems I will switch if it's really that much bettr than XP

It was broke, so i put vista on it :P

Its a heck of a resource hog, dont bother. Some things make life easier, but all in all it doesnt really give you anything better that windowsblinds doesnt :P